MakeHuman and OpenSim

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: MakeHuman and OpenSim

Postby Déesse » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Well, the eyes move properly in the mouth corners :lol:
Déesse

Postby Déesse » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:15 pm

More progress:
Using the transfertool by Avastar - 2 clicks and everything works, everything at the right place :D :P :)

MH16.jpg
Déesse

Postby Miltades » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Hi Deesee,

I was wondering if you could let me know which avastar update has the make human model installed? also does the avastar page have any information about the make human model?

Can you also please provide some detailed instructions on how to select the makehuman model in blender using avastar and how to ring/weight transfer.

Thank you!
Miltades

Postby sexy_muscle1977 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:53 pm

I just created a bodybuilder, used the SL rig, and attempted uploading to sim on a stick. The prim parts came out the size of a Mac truck. They did not resize when worn. This may be due to my current PC having limited ram.
sexy_muscle1977

Postby Supervan3 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:25 pm

Is the Make Human Island that's on a Sim-on-a-Stick available as an .OAR file at all for installation into a standalone instance of regular OpenSimulator? If it was available, (and it's relatively trivial to create an .OAR archive file through issuing the command

Code: Select all
save oar <filename>.oar

which will then place the ,OAR archive file in the bin folder of SoAS, which can then be exported and shared as widely as the SoAS download - and crucially makes it available to Linux users, (also Mac).

Running a standalone instance of OpenSim is quite easy, and whilst it doesn't have the portability of SoAS, it does have the advantage of being cross-platform, which SoAS isn't.

Full documentation can be found on the main OpenSimulator website

www.opensimulator.org
Supervan3

Postby Déesse » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:24 am

Hello Supervan3 and welcome!

"MakeHuman Island" was meant to help the developers to test and compare the rigs. I'm not sure if it is useful for the moment, because the OpenSim skeleton is working now. But if there is any interest I"ll make an update of MakeHuman Island with the latest versions of OpenSim and viewer and the new MakeHuman avatars. No problem with an .oar-file!
Déesse

Previous

Return to User contributions