Few feelings and questions.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Few feelings and questions.

Postby Teto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:17 am

I'm using it for a while now, and there's a request that it would improve usability a lot : When you're making a target in Blender, you don't see how it will be in Makehuman. So you save the target... and you have to close and open Makehuman in order to see the modifications in your target. A button that re-load the target in Makehuman would be greatful because for now it's just a pain in the ass... :P

But maybe this feature will be done in the near future, I don't know, I've seen anything about it though. In this case, that's just great !
Teto

Postby Manuel » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:27 am

Teto wrote:I'm using it for a while now, and there's a request that it would improve usability a lot : When you're making a target in Blender, you don't see how it will be in Makehuman. So you save the target... and you have to close and open Makehuman in order to see the modifications in your target. A button that re-load the target in Makehuman would be greatful because for now it's just a pain in the ass... :P

In theory the targetg that you see in maketarget is exactly identical in MakeHuman.

The problem (this is something that we should document, or fix...) is that your custom target is ADDED to the other targets that are already loaded in MakeHuman.
On the contrary, when you edit it in MakeTarget, you see the PURE target.

Because this, if you are designing a target that will affect, for example, the young caucasian girl, you should load in MakTarget the builtin target data/targets/macrodetails/caucasian-female-young.target, then add a new empty target, model it, then subtract the female young (value: -1) and save the result. It will work perfectly when the character will match the caucasian female young.
Of course it will appear much distorted in other cases.

Hope this helps.
Manuel

Postby Teto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Manuel wrote:
Teto wrote:I'm using it for a while now, and there's a request that it would improve usability a lot : When you're making a target in Blender, you don't see how it will be in Makehuman. So you save the target... and you have to close and open Makehuman in order to see the modifications in your target. A button that re-load the target in Makehuman would be greatful because for now it's just a pain in the ass... :P

In theory the targetg that you see in maketarget is exactly identical in MakeHuman.

Thar's I wanted to say : If your target is already loaded in Makehuman, and you want to modify something, you can do it with maketarget, and then you have to close / open Makehuman to see the result of your modification. A button to reload your target during the session would be great.

I'm not sure that I understood what you said... :lol:
Teto

Postby Manuel » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Thar's I wanted to say : If your target is already loaded in Makehuman, and you want to modify something, you can do it with maketarget, and then you have to close / open Makehuman to see the result of your modification. A button to reload your target during the session would be great.

Yes, it's a good idea. Can you add an issue on the bugtracker?

I'm not sure that I understood what you said...

This mean we need to urgently document it :)
Manuel

Postby Teto » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Manuel wrote:Yes, it's a good idea. Can you add an issue on the bugtracker?

Yes, since how to do that ! :lol:
(I'm joking, I'll find how, don't waste time to explain to me).
Teto

Postby duststorm » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:21 am

Something that is seriously lacking in MakeTarget is a "load default character" button. You can load young female or male, but not the young male/female mix that MH starts with by default.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby Teto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Oh, I have a new question, and I read nothing about it here.

Your program is very useful because we can make clothes that change with the morphology, that's terrific. But you can't change the cloth itself like an arm, or a face (in Makehuman). For example my character wears a long coat. It would be great to have cursors that allow you to change the length, or other details. I think that's it's already possible to change textures, not sure.

In 2 words, allowing the change of the shape of your cloth via .targets. Or hair.

Too difficult or already possible ? :)
Teto

Postby Manuel » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Difficult. :)
Manuel

Postby Teto » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Pity. :lol:
Teto

Postby Teto » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 pm

There's no thread/sub-topic for models/clothes/target made by users ? I's made 2 target (1 more on its way) and I didn't find any topic to share them.

Do I have to create one ? (if so, where ?)
Teto

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions