Animation library

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Animation library

Postby miser » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:39 pm

I know this feature is coming, and i have searched for information on when an animation library might be planned(version number) with no luck.

There are a few services available like mixamo fuse, autodeck character creator, each having its own way of creating animation and applying them to their rigs. Makehuman has this in the form of makewalk which in my opinion is awesome. Only thing lacking is an animation library. My hopes are for an animation library that i can apply multiple animation to the rig in makehuman and export as an fbx format to be used in virtual worlds

So the question is when might we see this feature planned for makehuman, and will it support multiple animation export?
miser

Re: Animation library

Postby duststorm » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:42 pm

miser wrote:So the question is when might we see this feature planned for makehuman, and will it support multiple animation export?

When it is ready, and yes, it will export multiple animations.

For now you can build your animation library in Blender using MakeWalk. You can link the actions to multiple MH characters in Blender to share the library.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Postby miser » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Thanks for replying Duststorm. I realize these things take time. Just knowing its coming and supports multiple animations is good news. I have been using makewalk for animating my avatars in blender. having a animation library will greatly decrease the workflow

Thanks, I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this awesome program by everyone involved
miser

Postby duststorm » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:40 pm

Note that heaving the feature supported technically in MakeHuman does not instantly guarantee that there will be actually good (and many) animations available.
It does mean that people can contribute animations and that they will have a way of quickly reusing animations that were created once on many meshes.
The size of the animation library will largely depend on the amount of work put in by artists to fill it up with new animations.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions