Blender export

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: blender export

Postby workinprogress » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:42 am

For some reason the blender files and the much anticipated MHX files didn't get included in the copy of MakeHuman 1.0.4 that I downloaded yesterday, and installed today. So I had to search the website a bit to found out where to get them.
then later, I got what I hope are the latest copies of the MHX import/export and pydriver files!
I'm using MakeHuman 1.0.3b and blender 2.49c on Windows xp, and I CAN NOT WAIT to try them out.
( I did try the newest build of MakeHuman, but didn't like the it as much as the older one and switched back for now) Will let you know how things go when I've had time to try them.

I have to say, this exchange format was an excellent Idea!
Last edited by workinprogress on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Workinprogress
workinprogress

Re: Blender export

Postby bruno.chansou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi Thomas.
I'm trying the last gobo rig. Very interesting. It is very simple to use. I also think it's a solid foundation for future improvements.
Do you know this Kiopaa's rig (the guy who solved the problem IKFK switch).
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/kiopaa3d/Rigging/Calvin.blend
The blenderclan post is here
http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=303376#forumpost303376
I like much the hand rig and fingers rig.
I don't know how make this and if it's possible to do this with a script.
Thanks for your work.

Bruno
bruno.chansou

Postby workinprogress » Sun May 09, 2010 12:12 am

Will the MHX export and blender Import files for blender 2.49b continue to be supported, now that the Focus of development seems to have shifted mostly to Blender 2.5?
Workinprogress
workinprogress

Postby ThomasL » Sun May 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Blender 2.49 support will be limited to bug-fixes and things that can be used without new code. E.g., the real pose engine will require new bone weighting and morph targets, which can be used for both 2.49 and 2.5. However, I don't think there will be any new features in 2.49. One reason is that the Blender community is shifting to 2.5, and another that the 2.49 API is very limited and somewhat buggy. An import script can only do what the API allows it to do, and the 2.5 API is much more complete and systematic than in 2.49.
ThomasL

Previous

Return to User contributions