Blender export

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Blender export

Postby bruno.chansou » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 am

ThomasL wrote:For the facerig to work, you need to load the file pydrivers.py from the utils/mhx folder, preferably before import.

Yes I placed the file pydrivers.py to /blender.app/Contents/MacOS/.blender/scripts/ . Is this the right way to do?

Edit:
Today I load the new mhximport.py . The FK/IK choice don't exist. (?)
Thanks.

Bruno
bruno.chansou

Postby ThomasL » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:58 am

The pydrivers must be loaded into a text window in Blender before importing, cf. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:S ... /PyDrivers or http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/m ... nt/?id=113

In the current revision (rev. 555) you can select Arm IK and Leg IK with two buttons to the right, at load time. Currently it is not possible to do FK/IK switch dynamically by moving bones in the panel, since this apparently did not work. It can still be done manually, by setting keys for the Copy Rotation constraints on the upper and lower arms/legs.
ThomasL

Postby bruno.chansou » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:07 pm

ThomasL wrote:In the current revision (rev. 555) you can select Arm IK and Leg IK with two buttons to the right, at load time.

I don't know why but the two buttons don't exist. For me the interface mhximport.py rev 555 is exactly the same that rev 495. I download the file twice for be sure.
ThomasL wrote:The pydrivers must be loaded into a text window in Blender before importing, cf. http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:S ... /PyDrivers or http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/m ... nt/?id=113

thanks for this, I'm going to try with this.

Edit: Facerig works fine with the right workflow. Thanks

Edit: Now the two buttons are here and work correct. Thanks very much.

Bruno
bruno.chansou

Postby bruno.chansou » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Thomas,
I tried today the latest version of mhximport after reading the blog.
I'm not a guru. I just try to understand. For the fk ik switch works is still better to click once anywhere in the ipo curve editor. It is as if there was a bug in blender and need to update the ipo curve by clicking in the window ipocurve.

EDIT: This is not elegant, strange, but it works: Just after moving a bone of the Ik Fk switch, just click once anywhere in ipo curve editor or action editor or NLA editor and the switch works.
bruno.chansou

Postby bruno.chansou » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:38 pm

I explained your problem on a French forum. That is the answer (it's in French but with google translate I think you can understand)
http://blenderclan.tuxfamily.org/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23530&start=0#forumpost290451

EDIT:
And the problem of the new skin shader that you mention in the blog, it's just properly adjust the scale in panel sss. The scale is 1 mm in BU. If you choose 1BU = 1m then scale is 0.001. If you choose (as in mhximport) 10BU = 1m then scale = 0.01
bruno.chansou

Postby tjindy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Elo :)

Since changes, i`ve got problems wiyh import to blender mhx meshes. Pydrivers.py loaded (i think) and get error trying import:
Code: Select all
Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python... got it!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pydrivers.py", line 3, in <module>
    pbones = Blender.Object.Get('HumanRig').getPose().bones
ValueError: object "HumanRig" not found   <--- trying run script first ;)

Opening MHX file E:\mhuman\exports\gr1.mhx
Tokenizing
Parsing
Loading  /program\makehuman\data\textures\texture.tif  =  texture.tif
[Texture "HumanColor"]
Loading  /program\makehuman\data\textures\texture_opacity.tif  =  texture_opacit
y.tif
No file C:\program\makehuman\data\textures\texture_opacity.tif
Loading  None
Could not load image  None
[Texture "HumanOpacity"]
[Object "MHBall"]
[Mesh "MHBall"]
[Object "MHCircle03"]
[Mesh "MHCircle03"]
[Object "MHCircle05"]
[Mesh "MHCircle05"]
[Object "MHCircle15"]
[Mesh "MHCircle15"]
[Object "MHCircle10"]
[Mesh "MHCircle10"]
['HumanRig', 'HumanRig']
[Object "HumanRig"]
[Armature: "HumanRig"]
Ignoring:  IKSOLVER TARGET None  !=  None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 1414, in gui
  BGL.glClearColor(0,0,1,1)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 1337, in main
  readMhxFile(fileName)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 162, in read
  MhxFileparse(scn, tokens)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 285, in parse
  data = parsePose(val, sub)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 887, in parse
  PoseposeBone(pbones, val, sub)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 959, in poseBone 
  parseConstraint(pb.constraints, val, sub, name)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\ .... \.blender\scripts\mhx_import.py", line 1083, in parseConstraint
  if insertInfluenceIpo(cns, val[0], val[1]):
IndexError: list index out of range

It is possible of low RAM memory (512 MB)? Or i missing something :)

Regards
TJ
tjindy

Postby ThomasL » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 pm

There are two separate problems.

1. pydrivers.py must be loaded into a text window, but it should not be executed. It should just sit there.

2. It seems like you are trying to import an old mhx file. There has been a slight change since your file was exported, but I have evidently forgotten to update the version number. More precisely, the "driver" statement now takes two arguments. Export a new mhx file from MH and everything should be fine.
ThomasL

Postby ThomasL » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:49 am

The import script has now been modified to work with old as well as new mhx files. The offending argument was not used and is now ignored.
ThomasL

Postby tjindy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:06 am

Thank you for reply. I`ll check this and answer if it helps :)
------------
EDIT: Yep, it works perfectly :) Mea culpa for using old mesh ;)

Greetz
tjindy
tjindy

Postby bruno.chansou » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi Thomas,
You work quickly and well. I could test today the mhx exporter for blender 2.5 (build Blender 2.5 (64 bit) [26,829] of GraphicAll) with the new nightly build of Makehuman for Mac OSX. The script works correctly. This is not really usable (blender 2.5 isn't stable enough), but promising to soon.

Bruno
bruno.chansou

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions