Contributing to Makehuman

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Contributing to Makehuman

Postby salkir » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Besides the obvious [C, (OpenGL), Python programming], what other knowledge is required in order to get involved in Makehuman development as a programmer?
(If you need any help, that is :) )
salkir

Re: Contributing to Makehuman

Postby mflerackers » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:04 pm

The C engine is quite constrained in what goes in, even I'm not allowed to move to many things from python to C :P. So most of the programming is in python. To get started without getting to know the full codebase it's probably easiest to work on things like exporters to various formats or certain algorithms. Like subdivision, or the opposite, simplification of meshes. Alpha4 will support GLSL shaders, which is another language you could contribute in. It just depends what you like to do and how adventurous you are. If you need format specifications or papers I can always give some pointers. There's the roadmap which also will have some ideas which are still on our ToDo list: http://sites.google.com/site/makehumandocs/road-map.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby salkir » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:35 pm

Thanks very much for your reply.
I'm thinking of getting into GLSL.Also, learning more about the rendering of humanoid models in general would be helpful, I guess?
Furthermore, do you need anything translated in Greek?
salkir

Postby mflerackers » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Localization is on my todo list, but there is no infrastructure for it yet. However it might be interesting to have some general description of makehuman in Greek.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby salkir » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 pm

I could get working on this-should I e-mail or pm you for the details?
salkir

Postby Manuel » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:59 pm

salkir wrote:I could get working on this-should I e-mail or pm you for the details?

Hi,

write me by email: infoATmakehuman.org

Best Regards,

Manuel
Manuel

Return to User contributions