Portuguese BR translation

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Postby grapeia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Guys

First, very nice project! I have downloaded 3 days ago and I just done the translation for portuguese BR.
Just a suggestion: as I had to convert the file to UTF8, to let it more easy, can you just add a native code to convert the language strings to utf8?
For the languages that use accents or others special letters, it will let the job more easy for the translators.
In attachment follows the file. Is not so complete, I used as base the castilian language, so are missing many words that I will include in the future.

Thank you! :D

Grapeia
Attachments
portuguese_br.zip
(4.3 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
grapeia

Re: Portuguese BR translation

Postby duststorm » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks.
I thought the files were written in UTF-8. It might be a bug.

We'll release an empty template that can be used in the future.
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Re: Portuguese BR translation

Postby duststorm » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:56 am

We have started a Transifex project for translating the user interface of the new Alpha 8 release.
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/makehuman/

I have included your Portugese translation in it. It's a good start, about 25% of the UI has been translated, but there is still a bit to do.
If you want you can continue helping us to complete the entire translation.

To do so, you first need to create an account on Transifex. Then, when logged in, you can go to the MakeHuman Transifex page and click on the Portugese language. Then click the "Join team" button.
Now you can click the "Alpha 8" entry and click "Translate now".

Translating is quick and easy. You can select the "Untranslated strings" filter to show only the things left to translate. Click the first word on the left, and in the center of the screen enter your translation in the input box. When done typing, simply press the TAB button on your keyboard, and it automatically goes to the next entry. Repeat this process untill everything is translated.
You can leave things open you are uncertain about, and leave them for later. Perhaps others know a good solution. You can interrupt your work at any time and continue working later, or leave it for others to finish.

If you want to make a translation in another language that is not listed yet, click the "request language" on the MakeHuman transifex page. We will make sure to accept it as fast as possible, so you can start translating.

If you already have a translated file on your hard disk (for example you made modifications to an already existing language .ini file of MakeHuman, or you have filled in a .missing language file), you can upload it as translation and Transifex will automatically include it in the translation.

We welcome any contributor that wants to help us get MakeHuman out there in as many languages as possible. :)
MakeHuman™ developer
duststorm

Return to User contributions