Python coders wanted.

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Python coders wanted.

Postby mghildiy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:24 am

Manuel wrote:If you know python and you want help MH development, write a message below.

Hi,

I am Manish from India.
I am a java programmer by experience and want to contribute to the project.
Please let me know how can I fit the plan.

my mail id:manish.c.ghildiyal@gmail.com

Manish
mghildiy

Postby MTKnife » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:29 pm

I work every day in Python, but nothing graphical or interactive. Ix be happy to help if you think I'd be useful, though.
MTKnife

Postby brkurt » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:23 am

MTKnife wrote:I work every day in Python, but nothing graphical or interactive. Ix be happy to help if you think I'd be useful, though.

I could certainly use your help finishing the Facial GUI script that I am writing. I'm brand new to Python, so I'm just working from templates.

There has been a constant demand for facial expressions and visemes that needs to be addressed.
If you look at my approach, you will see that it will work for any rig and any mesh; I"ve left out Blender shape keys as I believe it is better to leave that tool for fine-tuning, rather than be used for the standard expressions and visemes.
brkurt

Postby MTKnife » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:16 am

Heh...I made that offer before we had another baby. Is there a pointer in another thread to your code? I can't promise how soon I can look at it.
MTKnife

Postby brkurt » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:58 pm

MTKnife wrote:Heh...I made that offer before we had another baby. Is there a pointer in another thread to your code? I can't promise how soon I can look at it.

Here's the topic, complete with code.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13401

What I need is probably trivial for your abilities. I just need the function sayAh() to bind to a 'mouse left button pressed event' using Blender's python libraries, rather than Tkinter, which has lots of examples. The function does exactly what it needs to do; I just need it in a GUI.
brkurt

Postby MTKnife » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:45 am

As I mentioned in my original post, I don't have any experience at all with either graphics or user interaction--I'm a data scientist. :) I'm not saying I couldn't figure it out, but I'd be starting from about the same place you are.
MTKnife

Postby brkurt » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:30 pm

MTKnife wrote:As I mentioned in my original post, I don't have any experience at all with either graphics or user interaction--I'm a data scientist. :) I'm not saying I couldn't figure it out, but I'd be starting from about the same place you are.

I would be honored if you would look over:

http://www.geekopolis.ca/blender/visemes/sayAH2_264a.blend

it does what it is supposed to do :D , but my coding is not terribly elegant. ;)
brkurt

Postby Anstrah » Sun May 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Hello, do you still need pthon coders?
Anstrah

Postby tomcat » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:16 pm

Anstrah wrote:Hello, do you still need pthon coders?

It seems to requir.
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby Anstrah » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 am

tomcat wrote:
Anstrah wrote:Hello, do you still need pthon coders?

It seems to requir.

What kind of help do you need? I mainly use python to solve physics problems, but if I can help you, it would be my pleasure.
However, I am still a student, so I can't to promise to advance very fast on the projects... It depends on the project, I gess... Would it be ok for you?
Anstrah

PreviousNext

Return to User contributions