Material setup for diamond ring 01

This forum is aimed at user contributions, in the form of assets, side projects, code patches and similar.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Material setup for diamond ring 01

Postby MTKnife » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:43 am

I understand that's your aim. However, you're not the only one who uses your assets. Even for people who are going to go through the whole process in Blender, being able to get a good idea what things look like in MH makes things a lot easier than having to go through the whole process of exporting and then assigning materials--just to see if you like how something looks.

You're certainly right about the lighting, but baking can certainly be useful for materials that aren't reflective, and, in this particular case, except in extreme close-ups, no one is going to notice the difference with tiny pieces of jewelry. Heck, before today, I never even noticed the earrings lacked textures. Besides, who says no one is going to use these in a game? :)
MTKnife

Postby wolgade » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:27 pm

MTKnife wrote:However, you're not the only one who uses your assets.

I hope so. :D If I wanted to be the only one, I would have never released them.
MTKnife wrote:but baking can certainly be useful for materials that aren't reflective

That's for sure. I just wanted to point out that your backed texture is not exactly a diffuse texture.
wolgade

Postby comolokko » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:35 am

punkduck wrote:
"Diamonds are a girls best friend."

You make my model Evi really happy which such a good looking asset[url=https://www.etsy.com/listing/1232877868/fidget-ring-personalized-fidget-ring
].[/url] And it is very convincing, so I waited for the rendered picture until 1'o clock in the morning just to present the happy girl directly to the MH audience :D

evi_diamond.jpg

5 stars, of course :mrgreen:

I also love gold rings.
comolokko

Previous

Return to User contributions