Error when trying to make animorph

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Error when trying to make animorph

Postby endlessly » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:20 pm

So, I'm trying to compile the Alpha 1 release from source (which is probably not the best idea, since i'm new to linux). When i try to run the make command for animorph, i get the following:

libtool: compile: g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -Wall -c BodySettings.cpp -o .libs/BodySettings.o
../libtool: line 984: g++: command not found
make[2]: *** [BodySettings.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gvozdika/Documents/Downloaded/MakeHuman/makehuman/animorph/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gvozdika/Documents/Downloaded/MakeHuman/makehuman/animorph'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using openSUSE (32-bit). Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks =)
endlessly

Re: Error when trying to make animorph

Postby joepal » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:31 am

The first problem is that animorph isn't a part of alpha1, that's legacy code from before the focus was shifted to python machinery. :)

This said, it seems you haven't got g++ (the c++ compiler in GCC) installed. I'm not familiar with the package names in suse, but in ubuntu you would have had to install a package called "build-essential" to get a functioning environment for compiling stuff. Without this you are not likely to be able to compile any code.

Anyway, the code you're after is under trunk/makehuman, not in animorph etc.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Error when trying to make animorph

Postby endlessly » Mon May 04, 2009 5:37 am

*smacks head* I see. Thank you very much =).
endlessly

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests