Still no ppa for Focal

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Still no ppa for Focal

Postby dener » Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:52 am

So far I've been unable to get make-human to work using the PPA, on a fresh install of mint 21.1, it worked when I upgraded from a previous version to 21.1.
"This will be fixed once we make a new build to the PPA, but that might still be a week or two away."
it's been over 6 months new users shouldn't have to build from source, 9 out of ten will think "dead project not worth my time and move on" rather then build. It takes ten minutes to update the PPA.

Code: Select all
error: module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/makehuman.py", line 566, in main
    init_logging()
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/makehuman.py", line 198, in init_logging
    log.init()
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/log.py", line 249, in init
    if hasattr(logging, "captureWarnings") and isinstance(logging.captureWarnings, collections.Callable):
AttributeError: module 'collections' has no attribute 'Callable'

I was able to get it to work on the following workarounds when I upgrade mint to the current version but on a fresh install of new version it fails. viewtopic.php?t=20538&p=56599I
I was able to use the part where you spoof it into thinking it's right version of ubuntu.
I will report back when I Try compiling from source. Any help with how to make the install work or just updating the ppa is appreciated.
dener

Re: Still no ppa for Focal

Postby dener » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:45 pm

Compiled Makehuman and it runs fine. But I'm betting on Linux 9 out of ten people are going to try the PPA.
dener

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests