Weird tesselation in Unity import

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Weird tesselation in Unity import

Postby zenbakery » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:20 am

Hello

So I made a simple makehuman and tried to import it to Unity after following the instructions here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... them_there

It was a simple FBX import with default export options.

However I get these weird white tesselations in the materials as attached. I've attached 3 files
the original makehuman
the imported unity makehuman asset
A sample material configuration

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.48.31 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.47.46 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.44.15 AM.png
zenbakery

Re: Weird tesselation in Unity import

Postby RobBaer » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:45 pm

I don't know anything about Unity, but the white line at the hairline suggests to me that it is a difference alpha handling. MH stoes material transparency in an alpha channel that other programs sometimes ignore. Hair and eyebrows are often tale-tell signs. I think Joel may have written about this in the Wiki years ago.
RobBaer

Re: Weird tesselation in Unity import

Postby harmsronjarli » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:47 am

Although I am not familiar with Unity, the presence of a white line along the hairline makes me suspect that some sort of unique alpha processing is being used. There is an alpha channel that MH uses to advocate for material transparency, which is often overlooked by other applications. Eyebrows and hairstyles can reveal a lot about a person. It's possible that Joel already covered this in detail on the wiki. mini crossword
harmsronjarli

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests