missing texture for hair but the texture is there

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

missing texture for hair but the texture is there

Postby jjones » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:54 pm

Hello,

I'd like to use this cool hairstyle, but it comes out with an orange pattern instead of the embedded texture

orangehair.png

I've looked in the folder that houses the files for this hairstyle which is called "Elvs_Maxwell_Hair"
and I found it in the community downloads area here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/cloth ... _hair.html

$ ls
maxhairtex6.png maxwell_hair_mh.mhmat maxwell_hair_mh.mhpxy maxwell_hair_mh.obj
maxwell_hair_mh.mhclo maxwell_hair_mh.mhmat.backup maxwell_hair_mh.npz maxwell_hair_mh.thumb

I checked out the mhmat file and it references the maxhairtex6.png appropriately

hairproblem.png

The hair texture looks ok I guess

maxhairtex6.png

What could be the problem?

Thank you for any clues
-j_jones
jjones

Re: missing texture for hair but the texture is there

Postby jjones » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:21 pm

Ok, I figured out that there were two copies of this hairstyle. One in the main source directory and one under the Documents folder.

I moved the folder called "maxwell" out from the main source directory: makehuman/makehuman/data/maxwell

and then I was able to get the hairstyle to render. It seems the two setting folders were interfering with each other.

hairbetter.jpg

It still has that funny sort of "tape" around the edges, though I've seen this artifact come and go with other models, so I'm not terribly worried about it.

Maybe this will help someone else

Thank you
-j jones
jjones

Re: missing texture for hair but the texture is there

Postby joepal » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:07 pm

The "tape" you're seeing is an image saying "texture not found". It gets loaded if a material references an image texture which does not exist.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests