FACSHuman

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

FACSHuman

Postby tomcat » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:45 am

I tried to install the FACSHuman plugin according to the instructions.
Put this files inside the plugin directory of your MH installation (not in the plugin directory of MH in USER/Document/makehuman)

But only activated FACS Scene Editor:

FACS_Scene_Editor.jpg

Any suggestions on what may be the problem?
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Re: FACSHuman

Postby joepal » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:31 am

I think it might have problems starting if you did not also install the assets that come with it (further down on the same page).

My guess is that you'll see a crash in the log and that this is what prevented the other parts from showing up.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby tomcat » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:50 am

The assets have been installed, but you are absolutely right about the log: If nothing else helps, finally read the instructions!

Thank you for your help!
Foreigners' reactions to Russian "Bird's Milk" candies
— Are your birds being milked?
— In Russia everyone is milked. Here even the zucchini is used to make caviar.
tomcat

Postby rusnnee » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:21 pm

Hello!
I'm having trouble understanding how to do the first step ( "Put this files inside the plugin directory of your MH installation (not in the plugin directory of MH in USER/Document/makehuman)" ). I do not understand where to add these files, as there are a lot of folders in the installation, and none of them are called plugin. I'm quite new to this, so I might just not understand something, but could someone please help me and show where I have to move the referred files?

Thank you,
Rusne
rusnnee

Postby joepal » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:01 pm

There should be a plugin directory in the location where you installed makehuman. Assuming this is windows: If you installed "for all users", it is likely c:\program files\makehuman-community\makehuman-community, or if you installed "just for me" it should be under c:\users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\makehuman-community\makehuman

Note that in the latter case, the "AppData" directory is something Windows hides, so you will either need to show hidden files or type in the location manually in a file window.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby visibilityflick » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:46 am

Excellent post, appreciate you providing this knowledge, and do keep writing.redactle unlimited
visibilityflick

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests