breast cup and measurement

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

breast cup and measurement

Postby jojololo » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:35 pm

Hi,
I have an issue with breast cups.

I need my model to be B cup EU and D cup EU. However, There is nowhere to set that. Even in measurement, we can't really set that value without involving deformities and visual nonsense.

As you can also notice, values in measurement are capped but once you enter the torso tab, you can vastly modify the shape. And go beyond the caps. Overall I have the feeling that everything should be cm or inches.

Question:
Is there a way to set a model with precise dimensions on all the values?

0 to 1 means nothing if we don't know the min max values.

Thanks!
jojololo

Re: breast cup and measurement

Postby joepal » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:45 am

There is no such relation. You can't say that breast size applied fully equals x centimeter breast circumference. It depends on the total set of targets applied.

A target is a visual shape, ie an arbitrary arrangement of vertices. A target's scale ranges from morph not applied (0) at all to morph applied fully (1).

There is no difference between breast shapes and, say, the shape of the nose. It's just an additional rearrangement of vertex positions.

The end result is a mix of all targets that have been applied. If you have a character with 0.7 weight and 0.7 muscularity, then a breast size of 1.0 will be completely different than if you had a character with 0.3 weight and 0.3 muscularity.

Once you have applied all targets you can calculate the circumference, and also linearly increase or decrease that circumference. But the other way around is not possible: you can't say you want x circumference and calculate a precise set of targets that matches that. There are too many possible solutions to the equation.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests