Dude! Where'd my clothes go?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Dude! Where'd my clothes go?

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:40 pm

When trying to use clothing assets (Geometry => Clothes) *most* of the clothing assets do not appear.

Case in point:

limited-clothes.png

I have a lot more than that in my directories.

I;ve reset the makehuman.ini file to no avail. Any thoughts?

Update:

Found this in logs:

Code: Select all
Exception during event onShow
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./core/events3d.py", line 211, in callEvent
    method(event)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/plugins/3_libraries_clothes_chooser.py", line 146, in onShow
    super(ClothesTaskView, self).onShow(event)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./apps/gui/proxychooser.py", line 473, in onShow
    self.filechooser.refresh()
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filechooser.py", line 894, in refresh
    super(ListFileChooser, self).refresh()
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filechooser.py", line 580, in refresh
    self.loadHandler.refresh(files)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filechooser.py", line 459, in refresh
    tags = self.library.getTags(filename = file)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./apps/gui/proxychooser.py", line 646, in getTags
    return filecache.MetadataCacher.getTags(self, filename)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filecache.py", line 264, in getTags
    metadata = self.getMetadata(filename)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filecache.py", line 240, in getMetadata
    self.updateFileCache(self.getSearchPaths() + [os.path.dirname(fileId)], self.getFileExtensions(), False)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filecache.py", line 299, in updateFileCache
    self._filecache.update(search_paths, file_extensions, self._get_metadata_callback, remove_old_entries)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filecache.py", line 152, in update
    self._cache[fileId] = (mtime,) + getMetadata(filepath)
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./lib/filecache.py", line 190, in _get_metadata_callback
    return self.getMetadataImpl(self.getMetadataFile(filename))
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./apps/gui/proxychooser.py", line 175, in getMetadataImpl
    return proxy.peekMetadata(filename, self.getProxyType())
  File "/usr/share/makehuman-community/./shared/proxy.py", line 1025, in peekMetadata
    for line in fp:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/codecs.py", line 322, in decode
    (result, consumed) = self._buffer_decode(data, self.errors, final)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 187: invalid continuation byte
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Re: Dude! Where'd my clothes go?

Postby punkduck » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi ...

That happens with comments from clothes files with newer version of MakeHuman when it first reads the clothes in the directory (the tags are collected).
And then a second time when you load the clothes (it is compiled to an mhpxy file inside makehuman),

There are some non-utf8 characters in some clothes files ... it worked in old MakeHuman, Flute had the same error.

I asked her was the last asset was she loaded and what the next piece of cloth is in alphabetic order ... loaded that myself and got the same result. According to the letter "J" you got the same problem with the same piece of cloth.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19924

I did the fix for the nightly build already ... simply ignoring these guys :mrgreen: .

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman/commit/b80494ade9d581e8ab39f387a1326be50f24d2aa

Could be you have exactly the same problem. Check if it is the same piece of cloth and change the comment in the mhclo file. It is ASCII so no problem

German greetings will also cause the same problem:

Viele Grüße :lol:

punkduck
punkduck

Re: Dude! Where'd my clothes go?

Postby SaltyCowdawg » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Had a hunch about that.
Peter L. Berghold <peter@berghold.net> or <Salty.Cowdawg@gmail.com>
Retired IT with 30+ years in the business
SaltyCowdawg

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests