Partial access to clothes assets

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Partial access to clothes assets

Postby flute » Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Hello everyone,
I am having a new problem since using makehuman version 1.2.0. When I want to dress a character in an asset clothes, the asset list stops at the letter J, cannot access assets beginning with a letter after J (screenshot attached).

2021-10-24.png

I checked, all the clothes assets are neatly stored on my computer in makehuman> v1py3> data> clothes. By the way, when I perform the same operation with makehuman 1.1.1, all of the active clothes are displayed.

Can anyone tell me how to go about recovering all of these assets with makehuman 1.2.0?

Thanks in advance !
flute

Re: Partial access to clothes assets

Postby punkduck » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:22 pm

Hi

The problem has been fixed using PM. It will only occur when assets are migrated from old MakeHuman to new one.
For all people who might be interested: When this happens, please check which asset is next in alphabetical order and which is NOT displayed.

Flute deleted the .mhpxy and .npz files of the next asset and it worked again. In my case I deleted all npz and mhpxy files of the user assets, when I migrated to new MakeHuman.

The background of the problem: old MakeHuman had some problems calculating max-poles. This value was also used for the number of attached faces, but that was not correct!
A mesh in T-form will not work properly with this assumption. So the old binary files were calculated wrong in some cases. The new version now crashes on miscalculated old files.

Greetings Punkduck
punkduck

Re: Partial access to clothes assets

Postby punkduck » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:52 pm

This topic was worse than I thought. Flute informed me, that she loaded the asset, after she installed version 1.2.0.

In the case my assumption was wrong. I loaded the asset (Jacket_T01) as well and my clothes folder did not display a single item :o

Well the reason is native language ...

Code: Select all
#
# description: Una remera generica, se adapta muy bien al cuerpo genérico femenino/A generic T-shirt, adapts very well to the generic female body
#

When starting, Makehuman generates a filecache, where object name and name are stored, so it can be reused next time without scanning each asset. It reads until the name and the tags are found ... but name and tags are after the comment. The process stops when this asset was reached. It is the letter é that stops the process. Now, without a fix you can only delete the comment or exchange the é to an e ...

IHMO the change for utf-8 was done for the 1.2 version, that's the reason 1.1 was working without problems (I guess). After reading the filecache, the same bug will happen, when the character should wear the asset and the mhpxy file is generated ...

I added a bugfix, simply ignoring coding errors in both cases ... (especially in the comments it is no problem). Since a lot of languages know accents and also German has these "umlauts", I guess it is best to accept them ...

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman/commit/b80494ade9d581e8ab39f387a1326be50f24d2aa

Schöne Grüsse (just to show some of our umlauts :lol: )

punkduck
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests