HELP: small 3d prints

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

HELP: small 3d prints

Postby pierfra » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:42 am

Hi,
I love this software but I'm trying to print miniatures and how can you see in the imagines below, the trouble is the hole in the mouth where is the toungue. It's possible to fill this hole?
Thank you.
pierfra

Re: HELP: small 3d prints

Postby raskull » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:19 pm

If it was me, I'd probably open the model in Blender, then delete the inner mouth and tongue, then maybe face up at the back of the lips...?
raskull

Postby pierfra » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:12 am

raskull wrote:If it was me, I'd probably open the model in Blender, then delete the inner mouth and tongue, then maybe face up at the back of the lips...?

Thanks, That's what I thought, but I'm inexperienced in blender and graphic sofwares. Do you know a simple tutorial about this procedure?
Thanks
pierfra

Postby silverrowan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:58 am

meshmixer is made for things like this.

its a pain, but very doable -had to use it all the time with some artists to avoid resin traps.
silverrowan

Postby joepal » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:44 am

One thing which might make things simpler for you might be using a low-poly proxy. You'd still have to close the mouth, so there's be some manual work. But with, for example, "proxy741", there is no internal mesh for the mouth.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests