Issues When 3D Printing Makehuman Models

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Issues When 3D Printing Makehuman Models

Postby tonydeldegan » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm

So I'm trying to 3D print figurines. I created them in Makehuman, then exported them to Blender. After some general tweaking, I exported as an STL and attempted to 3D print. When I sliced, it gave me the errors pictured in the images attached. I'm not incredibly versed in the intricacies of Blender yet, so I have no clue what's going on here. I'd love some insight into how I might fix this issue, if I can at all. If you need more details, please ask.
Attachments
Issue 2.png
Issue.png
tonydeldegan

Re: Issues When 3D Printing Makehuman Models

Postby nomorecookies » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:44 am

There is a built in add-on in Blender called Mesh: 3D-Print Toolbox. Enable this addon. Select your model and press N to bring up the side toolbar. Select the now enabled 3D-Print add-on tab. Press the down arrow next to 'Clean Up'. Press Make Manifold.

This May fix all the error messages you are getting in your slicer.

Also, you may need to make the hair a solid mesh, if it is not. Based on the location of the issues it has pointed out, this may be the case. I do not know your exact configuration so you may need to do a bit of reading/Google Fu. It may be something like, Curve to Mesh, or Particle to Mesh.

Good luck!
nomorecookies

Re: Issues When 3D Printing Makehuman Models

Postby nomorecookies » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:49 am

Oh, also, you may need to lessen the layer thickness in your slicer. Also, you may require some supports.
I feel i should suggest that this conversation may belong in a different thread though.

To clarify, this is not a MakeHuman problem. I would recommend checking out some 3D printing forums too.

Good luck!
nomorecookies

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests