Can a man has different length of two legs?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Can a man has different length of two legs?

Postby makehuman987 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:17 am

Hi,
I am modelling a variety of human to simulate all kinds of men and women in reality, but actually some persons have longer left legs than right legs or the other way around because human body is not completely symmetric. I was wondering if makehuman allows for legs with different length or not.
(The reason of asking for this asymmetry is that some algorithms may perform differently on symmetric body and asymmetric one.)
Could anyone give any clues on this?
Thanks a lot.
makehuman987

Re: Can a man has different length of two legs?

Postby Elvaerwyn » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:15 am

Greetings Make,
This is something doable but would require a target, as the software does not allow at present to make one leg longer, the sliders for leg length apply to both at the same time unfortunately. Do you work with maketarget at all? If so you should give that a good run on leg length, otherwise as a request I am sure someone can do that for you and upload it to the asset repo, until its implemented in the next versions going forward. That being said, this and other suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated as requests for future makehuman releases, as that is a great idea you have overall!
Elv
She who knows in repose with prose...
Elvaerwyn

Re: Can a man has different length of two legs?

Postby makehuman987 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:06 am

Ok, you are right. This may be an asset in the assert repo. I will try maketarget.
makehuman987

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests