impossible to focus on face

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

impossible to focus on face

Postby jjones » Sat May 22, 2021 6:39 am

I built the code from the latest source today and am running on osx Catalina. My macbook has a trackpad only.

When I try to zoom in on the face, I can only zoom in on the naval or back out again to the full figure.

Thank you for any clues
jjones

Re: impossible to focus on face

Postby RobBaer » Sat May 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Not a mac person, but can't you use something like a two finger drag to simulate using the right mouse drag?

More specific to Makehuman, you can go to settings > mouse and shift-left click in the zoom box. This will make shift-left drag the zoom key. Or choose any other combo available to you on the mac...
RobBaer

Postby jjones » Sat May 22, 2021 4:14 pm

Thanks very much! I tried every combo of dragging on the trackpad, one, two, three fingers. Occasionally the view would jump around randomly.

I was able to create hot keys using the settings you mentioned and now I'm good, thank you!
jjones

Postby RobBaer » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 pm

It's a slightly unusual interface. But if you "right-click/shift-click" and then drag you should zoom to exactly where you clicked.

For instance, try zooming on a hand just to practice. It works pretty well even if its a little unusual.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Sun May 23, 2021 8:24 am

RobBaer wrote:It's a slightly unusual interface. But if you "right-click/shift-click" and then drag you should zoom to exactly where you clicked.

For instance, try zooming on a hand just to practice. It works pretty well even if its a little unusual.

This feature was even new to me. Thanks or that little trick! :D
Aranuvir

Postby EwanCarter » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:01 am

RobBaer wrote:Not a mac person, but can't you use something like a two finger drag to simulate using the right mouse drag?

More specific to Makehuman, you can go to settings > mouse and shift-left click in the zoom box. This will make shift-left drag the zoom key. Or choose any other combo available to you on the mac...

Even though the topic is old, but had the same problem, I'll leave my comment. Of course, on a Mac https://mac-nest.com/ with a trackpad, you can emulate the right mouse button for drag and drop. Just use two fingers simultaneously on the trackpad to press and hold, then drag to scale the face in Makehuman. To use the Shift key along with this, you can press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, then use two fingers on the trackpad to drag.
EwanCarter

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests