All geometries except eyes showing up normally...

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

All geometries except eyes showing up normally...

Postby drachenchen » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Hello. -Having a really frustrating time with my install. Running on Linux, from source, using the makehuman.py to start the application. I started trying to create some new eyes, and my first couple of attempts showed in the main window, just fine. At some point, under Geometries>Eyes, the list stopped being populated, almost completely. I get the high-poly and low-poly, and only one other eye besides the default brown. This one other eye is peculiar, in having a .mhclo file and an .obj file, unlike the other eye colors, that have been working before. Now they don't.
What really confuses me, is that when I load models that I have applied some of the other colors of eyes to, they load, vis:
Screenshot_Exhibit_1.png

I obviously have a high-poly eye, in light blue on the model. -But note the error code at the bottom of the screen. The program obviously thinks it can't load the eyes that are manifestly there, on screen. But when I go to Geometries>Eyes, that eye color is not on the list. The small-pupil light blue eye is a different file entirely, and not the same light blue eye that I stuck on the model, and yet, that pre-existing light blue eye still shows up. The high-poly eye IS on the list, and selected, but per the previous error code, the program doesn't know that. The high-poly eye files are still there, unchanged, in data>eyes>high-poly
Screenshot_Exhibit_2.png
Up until recently, I have been putting experimental eye images in the data>eyes folder, and they have been working fine. -But no longer. I downloaded the "small pupil light blue" eye asset. Note that it is the only asset besides the high-poly and low-poly eyes listed. It is also the only eye file I have found with an associated .obj and .mhclo file. I tried pulling those two files out of data>eyes, to see if the small pupil light blue eyes would disappear from the list, and instead I got NO eyes, and no other assets, either. No eyebrows, clothes, etc, and empty eye sockets. Put those two files back into data>eyes>materials, and bingo, the other assets have returned. -But still no other eyes!
Screenshot_Exhibit_3.png
Here is another screenshot of a portion of my data>eyes folder, showing the light blue eyes which are manifestly on the previously-created model, but NOT showing on the Geometries>Eyes list.
I have been reading and searching for this problem, a lot, lately. I am at my wits' end. Any ideas? -Thanks!
drachenchen

Re: All geometries except eyes showing up normally...

Postby fake_Person » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:10 pm

you can change the eye color with the material tab
bandicam 2021-01-22 13-07-13-599.mp4
have you ever went to materials tab?
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Re: All geometries except eyes showing up normally...-SOLVED

Postby drachenchen » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:21 am

OK! Thank you, Fake Person! Did I mention that I'm a noob with this version of MH? -Haven't used it in several years. So, the Geometries tab must only cover the actual meshes, and the light blue small pupil eyes are only there because they have an associated .obj and .mhclo file. I think I get it, now. It's almost like "Geometries" means "Geometries", and "Materials" means "Materials". (Sigh.) So soon old, and so late smart, as my father used to say. -Right out there, hiding in plain sight. Thanks again!
drachenchen

Re: All geometries except eyes showing up normally...

Postby fake_Person » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:59 pm

np i started using it in 2020
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests