Crash on initial synchronize of community assets

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Crash on initial synchronize of community assets

Postby barakori » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:54 pm

I'm trying to use community assets. Went to the Community / Download assets page, and clicked on the 'Synchronize' button.

At this point, download starts. 'Downloading files...' flashes towards the bottom of the screen, and the progress bar went up from 0% to 25% to 50% and 75% (straight jumps).

This took about 3 minutes. At that point, the bottom message changed to 'Checking for additional files to download', and after a few seconds the program crashed and disappeared.

Attaching the various logs, although I didn't spot anything glancing on them. Please advise. Thanks a million.

Some technical details:
  • Using MakeHuman 1.2.0
  • Intel i5 with 24GB running on Windows 10.
Attachments
makehuman_logs.zip
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
barakori

Re: Crash on initial synchronize of community assets

Postby fake_Person » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:39 pm

weird. maybe it was the first time. maybe try again.
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby barakori » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, when I said "first time", I meant I wasn't able to complete one sync. I did try it many times (more than 5 by now), and it's consistently reproducible.

Anything I can try? Thanks.
barakori

Postby fake_Person » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:10 am

hmmmm, weird, maybe we should wait for one of the moderators or creator?
14 year old deadbeat http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=signature#
fake_Person

Postby joepal » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:32 am

I don't immediately see what is causing the crash, based on the logs. As you say, it doesn't seem as if the crash stack trace is included anywhere.

In your "documents"/makehuman/v1py3/data/community-assets directory, there should be two files "local.json" and "remote.json". Can you zip these and attach them here?

Also, if you delete the "documents"/makehuman/v1py3/data/community-assets directory and retry synchronizing, does the same thing happen?

It is far fetched, but the only thing I can think of is the space both in the program installation and in your windows user name. This shouldn't really cause any problems, but based on the information I don't have any other suggestion.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests