Discord

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Discord

Postby FATHEROFBOSS » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Dear admin please make a official discord server for make human because we can't communicate with community efficiently . Discord free to use and member can also upgrade server for you and it would save us for log in in thousand different locations and official share in the website for discord server
FATHEROFBOSS

Re: Discord

Postby Everret » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:14 am

I am 100% for this. I literally was looking for a Make Human discord today.
Everret

Postby ecophobic » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:43 pm

we need a discord someone official please make a darn discord
ecophobic

Postby RobBaer » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:00 pm

This is a nice idea, but for discord to be effective, there has to be someone with enough time to monitor it and to preferably have a strong, real-time dev presence.

In the very old pre-discord days we had an IRC chat that we monitored, but getting even the devs to be on the site at the same time proved difficult with our time zone differences. This is why a more asynchronous communication method has seemed to work better until now.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting the idea, and we can put it in the "for the future" basket along with updating the website and docs.
RobBaer

Postby spreadcore » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:23 pm

I've used discord in connection with minecraft some, it was all right. But you have to be careful on Discord more now, Because the transmission of malware has grown on it. Check out Upper Echelon Gamers video "The Malware INFESTATION of Discord" for a overview on youtube.
spreadcore

Postby SarahJoeHenson » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:46 am

I whooleheartedly agree. I have been using discord since almost its initiation and over the years I have played valorant, Fortnite and other such games within discord server. One of my favorite communities on discord is definitely the amouranth discord server. It is unofficially her server as she is not a part of it but it is so much fun to hangout with people who watch her as they are all respectful human beings despite the bad reputation.
Source is an amouranth discord server which is not official
SarahJoeHenson

Postby green_tomato » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:41 pm

Considering how often MakeHuman is used in combination with Blender, maybe someone could convince someone on the Blender discord to create a sub-channel for MakeHuman?

That way the (probably small) makehuman staff won't have to spend time maintaining a discord server on top of all the stuff they're already doing.
green_tomato

Postby Aranuvir » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:57 pm

Closing this topic. Looks more like spam to me...
Aranuvir

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests