Requesting vertex groups for additional geometry, i.e. teeth

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Requesting vertex groups for additional geometry, i.e. teeth

Postby HunanbeanCollective » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:11 am

Hello.
While making the viseme set found at https://github.com/Hunanbean-Collective ... -Additions i ran in to issues getting the helper geometry to move the physical geometry of things such as the teeth. i hacked together a work around with shape keys and drivers, but it is not optimal, and takes a lot of time to reproduce. i think that with vertex groups available for the teeth on import, i may be able to Hook the teeth geometry vertex groups to the teeth helper vertex groups. if that concept works, it would be much easier to share with people the procedures to make your MakeHuman character use the visemes readily within blender.
As it stands now, it requires multiple imports and 'join as shapes' then an extensive driver setup to get it all working together.

another option would be to have MakeTarget2 not limited to only the body/helper geometry. If i could save the shape keys of the teeth it would by pass a tremendous amount of labor involved in setting up a fully functional character with the lip sync procedure i have outlined. as it stands, dues to Blender limitations and MakeHuman configurations, each character you make has to have all of this done manually every time. This takes several hours at minimum. granted, the importing and function of the visemes and lip sync works instantly on the body mesh and helper geometry, the dilemna is getting it to also move the teeth, and other additional geometry.

i apologize if i have not made myself clear

Thank you
HunanbeanCollective

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests