Specular/Shininess Doesn't Work on Advanced Render Viewer

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Specular/Shininess Doesn't Work on Advanced Render Viewer

Postby KonTiki » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:08 pm

Test1.jpg
The Specular and Specular Shininess options of the Material Editor don't work within the Advanced Render Viewer. I've attached a screen grab of the Scene (within Rendering) with the Specular Shininess option, and I've attached the Advanced Render Viewer picture where the Specular Shininess doesn't work. How could I have the Specular Shininess appear on the Advanced Render Viewer? I'd like the Render Viewer image to be nearly identical to the Scene image. Thank you, and I appreciate your feedback!
KonTiki

Re: Specular/Shininess Doesn't Work on Advanced Render Viewe

Postby RobBaer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:18 pm

This may not be helpful because I have not looked at this under-developed part of the program in ages and I forget how it works/what it can do, but did you go to settings > plugins and enable scene editor? Probably need restart.

Alternatively, if you want what is in scenes, turn off the floor grid (9th icon from left) and grab (camera icon). At the end of the day you may do better to export you character to Blender or some other downstream program which has more sophisticated shading and rendering.
RobBaer

Postby KonTiki » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've been using the Scene Editor plugin during this time. Interestingly, within the Render Viewer, the lighting options work whereas the Specular doesn't. Is there a way to increase the size and/or resolution of the Screen Grab since I've run into trouble with the Render Viewer? If the quality of the Screen Grab could be enhanced, then this issue is solved. Makehuman is a great program and I'll recommend it to my friends in the digital field. Thanks!
KonTiki

Postby KonTiki » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:42 am

Issue solved! I am able to increase the Screen Grab size/quality by going into Utilities>Execute>Fixed Canvas Size>Set. With the Screen Grab, I'm now able to get high quality images while retaining the Specular/Shininess.
KonTiki

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests