Why does makeclothes2 do this_

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Why does makeclothes2 do this_

Postby jpujolar » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello,

I import a human with a casual dress into blender.

I change only the the material of the dress (a simple texture).

Even the UV map is already there.

So I have to painstakingly change the dress`vertex groups into a reasonable configuration in which there are no overlaps or orphan vertexs.

I fill the metadata and click make clothes. This is what I get:

So what do I do wrong?

If I put all vertices into one single group, the result is the same.

I tried to do my own UV unwrap distributed following the vertex groups; but the result is the same.
Attachments
Screen Shot 07-19-20 at 03.39 PM.PNG
jpujolar

Re: Why does makeclothes2 do this_

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi

looks quite familiar for me :shock: vertex order of body mesh or helper mesh is not fitting.

We need some time to make the tools fit to socket communicator and a second way to add a mesh, so I added a new method which is not yet merged in master branch.

First here is the documentation which should explain the method, It is not yet complete, but I will try to insert the experience what we have into that documentation.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Features_of_new_Blender_plugin

For a quick help: I just answered a question. For that I uploaded a zip file with some meshes (blendfiles.zip). You can use a body from there. These are the ones, I currently use.

2nd article here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18647

Throw away your body (or body with helper) and append one out of the file, mark it as a human. Could be that you have to move or resize the clothes depending on what you used before.

hope that helps for the moment

Greets
punkduck
punkduck

Postby jpujolar » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Hello,

I am deeply grateful for the trouble you take in explaining issues to newbies like myself. I finally found the way through FPC's tutorial "Blender 2.80 MakeHuman MakeClothes 2 Dope new Addon." The original problem is in the DOCS & FAQ, as most tutorials are outdated and the explanations do not make any sense unless you know a lot. "Just open the addon menus in blender", go to settings, choose "makeclothes" presets, "push load", etc... That was what I needed.

It feels as if so much effort goes into programming and providing daily updates, and then communication is kind of so sketchy. I would be glad to help in this; but I feel I should learn more about the program and I am no sure I have the time.

Take care,

Joan

punkduck wrote:Hi

looks quite familiar for me :shock: vertex order of body mesh or helper mesh is not fitting.

We need some time to make the tools fit to socket communicator and a second way to add a mesh, so I added a new method which is not yet merged in master branch.

First here is the documentation which should explain the method, It is not yet complete, but I will try to insert the experience what we have into that documentation.

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Features_of_new_Blender_plugin

For a quick help: I just answered a question. For that I uploaded a zip file with some meshes (blendfiles.zip). You can use a body from there. These are the ones, I currently use.

2nd article here: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18647

Throw away your body (or body with helper) and append one out of the file, mark it as a human. Could be that you have to move or resize the clothes depending on what you used before.

hope that helps for the moment

Greets
punkduck
jpujolar

Postby punkduck » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:27 pm

FPC virtual? Yepp I like this guy. Some of the statements are already a bit outdated, but I think guys like him will always be a better promoter than we could be.
He found some problems we already fixed (something like unapplied transformations).
Sometimes I hoped he would simply address myself directly here in forum, Then I can fix it, before he does his tutorial (or explain what is happening) :P

Nevertheless it is like this: in the beginning I did not understand a thing of what is happening internally, but I was always happy that it was an easy way to create a human. I learned more and more and also found some bugs. I did some work arounds but there are also some concept bugs. Then I started to try with a different mesh just to check if we have hardcoded limits (makeclothes is able to work with different meshes), I also programmed plugins (and believe me: documentation for blender api means to scan the internet sometimes) and now I try to help to make things easier.

Some tools may look like a collection of ideas. So there is still some work that the tools are really stable and fit together. I just learned that makeskin is also used with the socket plugin so the merge is not yet done.

Btw; There are two ways to get the body: one is the export via socket communication (MPFB), which means to add two plugins to MakeHuman and one to blender. It is a good way for easy exports, but sometimes a bit "oversized" when I simply need a body once out of a repository to create a piece of cloth. Most work for clothes is usually doing the mesh and texturing.

The latest clothes especially of my friend Elvaerwyn are all created with new makeclothes and one of the meshes included in the file I appended. Her tests helped a lot to find the problems.

And when ready I will complete the documentation and put the old makeclothes documentation into a folder called "vintage" or "retro" :mrgreen: I promise.

Greetings
Punkduck
punkduck

Postby jpujolar » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Hey. I managed to finally create and upload a male vintage pajamas :D, so I shared it with the community. It seems to work as you change sizes and can import it back to blender. I used the cloth physics to make the piece appear somewhat more realistic (combined by a collision physics for the body). I had to tweak the settings (self-collision, etc.) but it came out acceptable. Soo proud.

punkduck wrote:FPC virtual? Yepp I like this guy. Some of the statements are already a bit outdated, but I think guys like him will always be a better promoter than we could be.
He found some problems we already fixed (something like unapplied transformations).
Sometimes I hoped he would simply address myself directly here in forum, Then I can fix it, before he does his tutorial (or explain what is happening) :P

Nevertheless it is like this: in the beginning I did not understand a thing of what is happening internally, but I was always happy that it was an easy way to create a human. I learned more and more and also found some bugs. I did some work arounds but there are also some concept bugs. Then I started to try with a different mesh just to check if we have hardcoded limits (makeclothes is able to work with different meshes), I also programmed plugins (and believe me: documentation for blender api means to scan the internet sometimes) and now I try to help to make things easier.

Some tools may look like a collection of ideas. So there is still some work that the tools are really stable and fit together. I just learned that makeskin is also used with the socket plugin so the merge is not yet done.

Btw; There are two ways to get the body: one is the export via socket communication (MPFB), which means to add two plugins to MakeHuman and one to blender. It is a good way for easy exports, but sometimes a bit "oversized" when I simply need a body once out of a repository to create a piece of cloth. Most work for clothes is usually doing the mesh and texturing.

The latest clothes especially of my friend Elvaerwyn are all created with new makeclothes and one of the meshes included in the file I appended. Her tests helped a lot to find the problems.

And when ready I will complete the documentation and put the old makeclothes documentation into a folder called "vintage" or "retro" :mrgreen: I promise.

Greetings
Punkduck
jpujolar

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests