problem with using makeclothes2 clothes

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

problem with using makeclothes2 clothes

Postby NotProUser » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:42 am

Hello! I recently decided to try creating clothes using MakeClothes2. Created, exported, tried to use it already in MakeHuman 1.1.1, but received the error "Unable to load proxy file: data/clothes\jacket\jacket.mhclo
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "shared\proxy.py", line 315, in loadProxy
File "shared\proxy.py", line 403, in loadTextProxy
File "shared\material.py", line 355, in fromFile
File "codecs.py", line 699, in next
File "codecs.py", line 630, in next
File "codecs.py", line 545, in readline
File "codecs.py", line 492, in read
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xea in position 0: invalid continuation byte" when choosing the necessary clothes. I will be grateful if you can tell how to get rid of this error.

Clothing Files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vYqHY3 ... sp=sharing
Attachments
jacket.rar
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 295 times
NotProUser

Re: problem with using makeclothes2 clothes

Postby pepo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:47 pm

Your *.png filename uses Cyrillic characters. While Unicode is available since 20 years, software still has problems following this standard. Unless you update all your OS and tools to use Unicode, you need to restrict yourself to ASCII characters (Latin A-Z).
pepo

Postby NotProUser » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:25 pm

pepo wrote:Your *.png filename uses Cyrillic characters. While Unicode is available since 20 years, software still has problems following this standard. Unless you update all your OS and tools to use Unicode, you need to restrict yourself to ASCII characters (Latin A-Z).

Thank you for your help, your advice really helped! However, immediately after this problem was solved, a new one instantly appeared. Now, when choosing the same clothes, I received the following error message
"Failed to index faces of mesh jacket1.obj, you are probably loading a mesh with mixed nb of verts per face (do not mix tris and quads). Or your mesh has too many faces attached to one vertex (the maximum is 8-poles). In the second case, either increase MAX_FACES for this mesh, or improve the mesh topology. Original error message: (<type 'exceptions.ValueError'>) could not broadcast input array from shape (11) into shape (8)".

if I understand correctly, then MakeHuman complains that the mesh has a vertex to which 11 other vertices are attached, with a maximum of 8. If so, then I don’t understand what the problem is. In Blender, when checking clothes, a message appears stating that there are no errors (image 1).
When increasing the maximum permissible value, I get the following picture (image 2). Perhaps you know what could be the problem?

The files are the same
Attachments
Problem.PNG
image 2
problem1.PNG
image 1
NotProUser

Postby joepal » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:36 am

pepo wrote:Your *.png filename uses Cyrillic characters. While Unicode is available since 20 years, software still has problems following this standard. Unless you update all your OS and tools to use Unicode, you need to restrict yourself to ASCII characters (Latin A-Z).

The problem is that windows mixes different code pages on the same system. You can have a file system which reports that is uses mbcs (microsoft's ripoff of utf-16), but suddenly still get a file with a name in cp1252 encoding.

But irregardles of the cause, the suggested solution is the safest bet: Using a-z and no spaces in the file names is most likely to work in all situations.

In a step down the line, if you happen to want to upload the asset to the asset repository, then non-ascii filenames and spaces in filenames are likely to cause trouble anyway.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:38 am

NotProUser wrote:if I understand correctly, then MakeHuman complains that the mesh has a vertex to which 11 other vertices are attached, with a maximum of 8. If so, then I don’t understand what the problem is. In Blender, when checking clothes, a message appears stating that there are no errors (image 1).
When increasing the maximum permissible value, I get the following picture (image 2). Perhaps you know what could be the problem?

MakeClothes 2 is written with MakeHuman 1.2.0 in mind. You seem to still use MakeHuman 1.1.1.

It's not certain that this makes a difference, but you could try upgrading to see if it solves the problem.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby punkduck » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Sorry for being a bit late here :(

Oh yes, it is directly visible what is happening.

Just to understand the output of old makehuman:

Makeclothes2 answers "object is a triangle mesh". In this case old makehuman complaints about number of edges ... and does calculation in a wrong way. Triangles are created as quads using one edge twice. And that was never really tested because "quads rule" ... (and avoid creativeness :( )

But this phenomenon of course creates the trouble.

One workaround in old makehuman would be to change max_pole e.g. to 16 in your .mhclo file.
The new version should handle this correctly.

If your piece of cloth still looks like "the mess" ... then your vertex-order of the human could be wrong. Normally I applied at least all scaling and rotation, so that should work correctly.

In this case, please read the article I just started (especially about valid meshes):

http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/Documentation:Features_of_new_Blender_plugin

The documentation is not complete. I will go on soon but need to check/change makeskin first to do it in a correct way.

The tool makeclothes2 also is not yet 100% complete. We need some work to combine the tools and I also have a version where pre-defined humans with complete vertex-groups settings or a shapekey for heels can be loaded with one click from a configuration blend-file.
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests