Multiple Vertex Groups

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Multiple Vertex Groups

Postby skribe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:26 am

Hi again:

I'm not certain how to edit clothing I've already made, so this might be the entirely wrong workflow, but I've encountered a problem.

I've loaded up the item of clothing onto a human in makehuman, then imported them both into blender using the blender addons. ie. load the makeclothes preset in makehuman 0.6.3 settings, then import human.

However if I immediately attempt to check the clothes I've just imported in they come back as having multiple vertex groups.

Is that how it is supposed to work?
skribe

Re: Multiple Vertex Groups

Postby joepal » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:57 pm

Yes, in some sense. When you import a human, its clothing currently gets vertex groups based on rig bones and similar. The clothing vertex groups do not make it through the roundtrip makeclothes2 -> mh -> back to blender.

This is unfortunate and very cumbersome when you want to edit existing clothes. At some point we should address this, but there's no way to get the original clothing vertex groups back in the current code.

Only way to work currently is to keep the blender file with the original clothing project around and continue working on that.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Re: Multiple Vertex Groups

Postby skribe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:56 pm

NP.

Thank you for your help.
skribe

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests