Feature Request: Anatomically Correct Skeleton and Muscles

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Feature Request: Anatomically Correct Skeleton and Muscl

Postby Jamie20 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:35 pm

I found a free scan from a human at:
https://dbarchive.biosciencedbc.jp/en/bodyparts3d/download.html
It got all bone, muscles and even the skin and organs in high quality. Use version 4.0 as a base and version 3.0 contains some missing parts.
Skeleton and muscles have more then 2 million vertices!!!
Jamie20

Postby RobBaer » Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

I found a free scan from a human at:
https://dbarchive.biosciencedbc.jp/en/b ... nload.html

loki1950 wrote:Their skeleton is covered by copyright we would need to pay to use it under license probably thousands of dollars yes that much.

Enjoy the Choice :)

It reads:

You may use this database in compliance with the terms and conditions of the license described below. The license specifies the license terms regarding the use of this database and the requirements you must follow in using this database.

Creative Commons License
The license for this database is specified in the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan.
If you use data from this database, please be sure attribute this database as follows: "BodyParts3D, © The Database Center for Life Science licensed under CC Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan".

The summary of the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.1 Japan is found here.
RobBaer

Postby Jamie20 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:18 am

To my understanding the database is free. But I am not a legal expert.
Have a look at:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.1/jp/deed.en_US

You are free to:
Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:
Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Jamie20

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests