Makehuman 1.2.4 in laptops with dual graphics cards...

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Makehuman 1.2.4 in laptops with dual graphics cards...

Postby orangetheripper » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:54 pm

So, I'm getting an "exception during event on start" and can't bootup.

I do have a laptop with dual graphics cards, but it looks like in the makehuman log it's registering it as using the integrated intel graphics card, despite me forcing my discrete graphics card to be used for makehuman... Its a bit weird bc makehuman doesn't actually use an .exe file, so I wonder if anyone else with dual graphics cards have been able to successfully boot up and how they were able to do it? Is it even possible to force the discrete graphics to activate in this scenario?
orangetheripper

Re: Makehuman 1.2.4 in laptops with dual graphics cards...

Postby orangetheripper » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:01 pm

Nvm i found out how - might be useful to others!

Again, bc the new makehuman is no longer an .exe, you can't force makehuman to use your discrete graphics card directly - you have to actually force the pythonw.exe file (which i guess runs the makehuman script) to use the discrete graphics.
orangetheripper

Postby joepal » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks. Yes, forcing pythonw seems like the sensible thing to do.

I've updated http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _not_start with information about telling pythonw to use the discrete graphics card.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Ardiana » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:48 am

joepal wrote:Thanks. Yes, forcing pythonw seems like the sensible thing to do.

I've updated http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... _not_start with information about telling pythonw to use the discrete graphics card.

I have the same problem with two graphics drivers. Used A Radeon GPU before, it broke down and now using Intel integrated. Makehuman claims there is no OpenGL support and keeps pushing error 1282.

I've found the folder in which Python is installed. However, when I right click pythonw I don't have an option to have it run with a specific display driver.
Attachments
python_err.txt
python error
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
makehuman-debug.txt
makehuman debug
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
makehuman.log
makehuman log 22.6.2021
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Ardiana

Postby VapeLord » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:19 pm

orangetheripper wrote:Nvm i found out how - might be useful to others!

Again, bc the new makehuman is no longer an .exe, you can't force makehuman to use your discrete graphics card directly - you have to actually force the pythonw.exe file (which i guess runs the makehuman script) to use the discrete graphics.

And how do I do that exactly? :?:
VapeLord

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:20 pm

That depends on your installed graphics drivers. It is product dependent.

On my nvidia + intel graphics laptop, I would go to the folder where makehuman is installed and find the bundled pythonw.exe file, right-click this and select "run on". Alternatively, I would open the nvidia settings ui, find the list with applications to run in "accelerated mode" and add the same pythonw.exe file to that list.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests