non applicable hairstyle

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

non applicable hairstyle

Postby stiffy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello. I am a newbie, but I encountered a problem, that may be a bug, that's why I am asking for help in this topic.

I am using alpha3, and if I first apply "smooth" to my character and then click on either bob01 or ponytail01 (both being hairstyles that come with makehuman), nothing happens. If I first put either of these on my character first and then click on smooth, makehuman crashes. I know it is an alpha and such behaviour can be expected, but if there is a workaround that I can understand, I would be glad to try that.

Note: I also used alpha2 on the same machine and with the same settings and I did not have this problem.

Thanks in advance.
stiffy

Re: non applicable hairstyle

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 pm

Can you try to run cleannpz and see if it solves your issue?
Aranuvir

Re: non applicable hairstyle

Postby punkduck » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi

That is a bug ...

this one:

https://github.com/makehumancommunity/makehuman/issues/48

This is a problem we still have in the alpha3 because my fix was made after it was uploaded. So doing cleannpz will not help unfortunately, The "new" alpha3 creates these files again in wrong in this way after you delete it.

Using the .npz and .mhxpy files from an older version will work with the new version. And of course when you add the fix.

I already ask for an alpha4 because of this problem :(
punkduck

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests