SOLVED: Can't export mesh, please help!

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

SOLVED: Can't export mesh, please help!

Postby honeyradiance » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:50 am

Hello. I have Ubuntu 18.04 and am trying to export a model with rig to file so I can import to Blender. I tried to download mhx2 and put it in the plugins folder. Now NOTHING exports: not collada, not obj, not anything. Just bvh, the rig. So I was reading about numpy this, numpy that...and someone on this forum talked about all exporters now not working, have to switch over to bitbucket? (what is that?) So I go to bitbucket, see this "clone" thing and read about mercurial or something or other. I know nothing of this stuff. Git is totally confusing to me. I try to follow instructions and nothing works. Hey, I'm an ARTIST, not a programmer. I am used to pointing and clicking and downloading stuff and it working.
Last edited by honeyradiance on Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
honeyradiance

Re: Can't export mesh, please help!

Postby honeyradiance » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:36 am

OK, I solved this problem by following this post. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18003

The instructions are easy to apprehend, all command line copy and paste, no compiling from source, no Git mess. Thanks to those who solved this.
honeyradiance

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests