Failed to import MHX2 to Blender 2.8 with texture

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Failed to import MHX2 to Blender 2.8 with texture

Postby rampagedog12 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Get error when import MHX2 to Blender 2.8 because of texture
I modified the import code, according to BL 2.8.

# normalTex.color_space = 'NONE'
normalTex.colorspace_settings = 'NONE'

AttributeError: 'ShaderNodeTexImage' object has no attribute 'colorspace_settings'
It doesn't work....
rampagedog12

Re: Failed to import MHX2 to Blender 2.8 with texture

Postby Aranuvir » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:59 am

The MHX2 Blender exporter is (was) developed outside MakeHuman and we do not have access to the "official" repo. Bug fixes do happen very very slow / do not happen anymore... :(
Therefore we've forked the project. It can be found in the downloads section: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/content/plugins.html

-> Making this topic sticky. Maybe you want to edit the headline...
Aranuvir

Postby smonbrogg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Current workaround is to import into blender 2.7, save and load in blender 2.8...

Is there any work being done on the fbx export? Or the Collada? I guess it makes sense to concentrate development on one export/import pipeline.. Currently the MHX2 seems most versatile. I started modifying the MHX2 importer to allow adding custom Targets to be added to the mesh as Shape Keys in Blender. If the FBX or Collada exporter is in more active development I'd like to take a look.. Or if there is any MHX2 work planned it'd also be nice to know :-)
smonbrogg

Postby RobBaer » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:53 am

Did you try Aranuvir's port of mhx2 as per previous post to this thread?

Also, try the community tab, socket sub tab on the 1.2.0 alpha 3 build to see if this works for you. I think this approach will be the future. This is used with Makehuman plugin for Blender https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... or-blender

The more generic exporters are in need of some love, but where's the time ... :(
RobBaer

Postby smonbrogg » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:16 pm

oh, no, I have not yet tried Aranuvir's port of MHX2, I'll have to do that, thanks!

I tried the import via socket just now. It's very interesting! I didn't manage to import Makehuman Targets to Blender ShapeKeys yet. There is a button to transfer Makehumna Expressions to ShapeKeys. But an Expression seems to be a synonym for Pose (position/rotation of Bones), and not relative displacement of vertices (=Target).

Not sure if I understand it right thow.. My main problem is also
RobBaer wrote: but where's the time ...

;)
smonbrogg

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests