Small MakeClothes Error Widget display boxes

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Small MakeClothes Error Widget display boxes

Postby neverconvex » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:45 pm

So, I have an odd issue (perhaps related to using Blender on a high resolution monitor, a 4k HDTV) where I can't read most of the error messages when MakeClothes fails (which is often, albeit almost always my fault :D ). If I resize Blender's default widget text size to the smallest allowed (6), I can see a bit more of the error messages, and can usually piece together/guess at what it's trying to say, but still can't get all of it (see attachment).

Any suggestions on how to work around this? It would be ideal if there were some way to make the MakeClothes error display boxes draggable, but I'm guessing that's not a feature that's available.

Maybe I should just hunt down the source of the error messages in the MH/MC source code and pattern match the partial, visible error messages to make sure I have the right one?
Attachments
makeClothes_cant_see_widgets.jpg
neverconvex

Re: Small MakeClothes Error Widget display boxes

Postby loki1950 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:50 pm

The error messages are also readable in the blender console where you can even copy/paste them.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby neverconvex » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:07 pm

Oh, are they really? That would totally solve the problem for me!

I haven't been able to find them in either the Blender Python console or the Blender live-feed of underlying Python spam that you can view by pulling down Blender's Info bar, though, mm, so maybe I am not understanding what you mean by the 'Blender console.'
neverconvex

Postby neverconvex » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:45 pm

For example, if I pop up another Blender window below my 3D view and change it into a Python Console, then click MakeClothes, this is what I see (attached).
Attachments
makeClothes_console_example.jpg
neverconvex

Postby neverconvex » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Think I found the various error messages, though, so I can work with this for now (attached). Hopefully this is all of them? Shorter list than I expected.
Attachments
makeClothes_foundIt.jpg
neverconvex

Postby RobBaer » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:37 pm

neverconvex wrote:Oh, are they really? That would totally solve the problem for me!

I haven't been able to find them in either the Blender Python console or the Blender live-feed of underlying Python spam that you can view by pulling down Blender's Info bar, though, mm, so maybe I am not understanding what you mean by the 'Blender console.'

If you are on Windows and Blender 2.79b or 2.80, choose windows menu and "toggle system console" at bottom of menu list. May be the same on linux or macOSX, but I don't have those machines handy.

Bonus tip: If the error message relates to max verts, try searching on "max verts" on this forum.
RobBaer

Postby Aranuvir » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:08 pm

There is no blender console on Unix-like systems. You must run Blender from command line, i.e. usually from Bash...
Aranuvir

Postby neverconvex » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:21 am

I'm runnin' Windows 10 (the console output I posted above is from a Linux emulator I use to navigate about).

And that worked perfectly, RobB. The DOS-like window that opens struggles a little bit when I resize it, but that's fine. I can see what appears to be *all* of the Blender (including MakeHuman) Python STDOUT/STDERR in it, without needing to rely on my slowly growing list of hacks. Thanks for all your help!
neverconvex

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests