Requests: Unreal Engine export and MBL anime morph Targets

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Requests: Unreal Engine export and MBL anime morph Targets

Postby InsaneXade » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:15 am

In today's gamer age I feel that Make Human should support the Unreal Engine, and Unity rigs. (I've used both but prefer UE4.) This would make character creation a breeze and allow instant game compatibility so users can dive right in. I know UE4 has a custom rig, but I'm certain you can figure it out. it would be so awesome to make the character then, add clothes (or make my own within Blender/Mavelous designer and import them) and have a game ready character who instantly uses all the animations of the engine without having to retarget and fix the root bones.

As for the anime, since Manuel Bastoni Lab went down, you should also include at least the realistic anime, which seems the most compatible of the anime series. Of course I don't know about under the hood but it would be sweet to have my custom character within MH, or at least allow an import that rigs it the same as a MH character.

Anyhow, that's my thoughts. Thanks for reading and have a fantastic day.
~~InsaneXade
My Contributions
None at the moment

Main Complaints:
Make the avatars a little bit bigger, I cannot get my preferred avatar smaller than 8.25 without it looking terrible.
Fave Blender related sites: (Google them)
Blender Cookie
Blendswap
InsaneXade

Re: Requests: Unreal Engine export and MBL anime morph Targe

Postby TILK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:13 pm

That would be great! Indeed, it would make a lot of publicity for MakeHuman
TILK

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests