Cannot run MH in Win 7 failed to execute script_init_

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Cannot run MH in Win 7 failed to execute script_init_

Postby paul43d » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Cannot run MH in Win 7

Good day all. New here wanted to try MH.

I found topics on this problem with Win 10 but no mention of 7. Tried to check those things suggested like permissions etc. Run as admin and so one and the error remains. Unable to run script.

I note this is in Python so my first question is does HM install a version of Python or does that need to be done as a separate installation?

Dead in the water. ;)

Any help most appreciated.
paul43d

Re: Cannot run MH in Win 7 failed to execute script_init_

Postby loki1950 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Firstly which version are you trying to install and if a makehuman folder was created in My Documents if one was please have a look for the log file if you have one then please post it.For your second question MH uses both depending of which version you are using ie: Source/Installer the Source version requires a full install of Python while the installer one bundles the necessary run-time .dll's so no separate Python install is needed but if one is installed there may be conflicts at the system level M$ is not very friendly to any Open Source apps and Python is that though it's creator works for Google where most of it's backend systems are written in it.

Enjoy the Choice :)
my box::HP Envy i5-6400 @2Q70GHzx4 8 Gb ram/1 Tb(Win10 64)/3 Tb Mint 19.2/GTX745 4Gb acer S243HL K222HQL
Q8200/Asus P5QDLX/8 Gb ram/WD 2Tb 2-500 G HD/GF GT640 2Gb Mint 17.3 64 bit Win 10 32 bit acer and Lenovo Ideapad 320-15ABR Win 10/Mint 19
loki1950

Postby joepal » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:15 am

We will need to know exactly which version you are trying to run. Is it 1.1.0? 1.2.0 alpha 2? The special test build for the graphics error?

Makehuman ships with python, so you don't need to install it on your own. However, the method with which python is bundled is very different between 1.1.0 and 1.2.0, making it hard to answer your questions without knowing which version you try to run.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby paul43d » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 pm

Where do I find the version number since I cannot run the program to obtain it there?To save space I deleted the installer after installation.

I would have downloaded just a few days ago and gotten the latest Windows version which looks to me 1.1.1. I did not see a 64bit version so it would have to have been the 32bit. NOT the alpha.

I do have a 64 bit Python on my machine which was installed for another program I use. Removing that cannot be done without breaking other program.

Do I need to install a separate 32 bit Python?

Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall again?
paul43d

Postby RobBaer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:05 am

paul43d wrote:...]To save space I deleted the installer after installation.

Perhaps I should uninstall and reinstall again?

If there was installer, it was probably one of the alpha versions. It seems more likely to me that you screwed up the installation than that it doesn't run on your computer. I would indeed try again.

You have two choices the stable release version http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... -win32.zip which gets unzipped and might be safer for newbees . You simply unzip and run.

... or the latest alpha (note alpha label) which may change again as soon as this weekend and has known problems on some Windows AMD cards and some Mac OSX systems http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman ... -win32.zip For this one, you first unzip, then you run an installer, then you start it from the start menu.

... or you can have both installed at the same time :D

There is no need to install python for either of these versions. That would be if you download from github source.
RobBaer

Postby paul43d » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:30 pm

I miss spoke when I said "installer" but the file I downloaded was, as you stated, a zip file which I just placed in the programs folder and attempted to run from the included .exe

It was the exact file you provided link for.
paul43d

Postby RobBaer » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:28 am

I supplied TWO different links (although you can't tell because of the way the forum abbreviates). :D Was it the first link you downloaded?

If so, look in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1 and attach makehuman.log for us after it crashes.
RobBaer

Postby paul43d » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:10 pm

I believe I answered that already. It was a complete drop and play package not an installer. I will look for log :)
paul43d

Postby paul43d » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:14 pm

RobBaer wrote:
If so, look in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\makehuman\v1 and attach makehuman.log for us after it crashes.

No such log or location. I looked in program folder but did not find there, no clue which of the multitude of folders it might be in :?:
paul43d

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests