1.0.2–1.1.1: Native/vanilla skins not (completely) rendered

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

1.0.2–1.1.1: Native/vanilla skins not (completely) rendered

Postby odacaesar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:02 am

I have been having this problem with all skins but Default and Toon:

MakeHuman native skin texture problem.png

Aside from the aforementioned exceptions, they all look like this. Selecting different affected skins does not even change the shading. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1. None of this has resolved the issue, or even changed this incomplete render in any visible way.

I am new to 3D modeling, but I do not see any immediately obvious errors in the logs. There is this in between skin changes:

Loading material from file data/skins\young_caucasian_male\young_caucasian_male_special_suit.mhmat
do Change material of base.obj
Creating new texture for image C:/Program Files (x86)/MakeHuman/makehuman-1.1.1-win32/data/skins/textures/[skin name with underscores].png.
initTexture: 2048, 2048, False

(The last two lines are only found for skins I have yet to click on.)
o d a c a e s a r Image
odacaesar

Re: 1.0.2–1.1.1: Native/vanilla skins not (completely) rende

Postby joepal » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:27 am

You're most likely affected by this: http://www.makehumancommunity.org/wiki/ ... help_me%3F

Your graphics card doesn't seem to like how MakeHuman handles textures, so the only skins that work are the ones which are solid colors rather than having an image texture.

The possible workaround is to start MH with --noshaders, as described in the FAQ article.

(note that this isn't currently going to work with the alpha releases on windows)
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests