1.2.0 alpha1 is empty when started

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: 1.2.0 alpha1 is empty when started

Postby RobBaer » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:22 am

Thanks for sharing. You may be on to something. THE HUMAN IS BACK!!!

This might be at least some clue to tracing down this specific issue. We'll take a look at this in some other environments and see if we can glean anything.

I will note that commenting out these lines ** DID ** CAUSE THE HUMAN to start displaying on MacOSX MOJAVE as well (The first time didn't work because I forgot to include commenting out the shader.py lines which were the difference). Now we need to study why.

As an additional testing comment, after getting the human back, I tried Rendering;\ | Scene and cold lights or Render | Scene warm lights .
They seemed to work when the human had the default "generic skin", but they produce an error if a regular skin texture is applied first, so I'm not sure what the status is with respect to any shader activity following the "commenting out." This maneuver effectively makes the human "disappear again" and get replaced by a white panel. The only way to get the human back is to restart.

BTW, the splash screen is missing the "image" when running on macOSX from source.
RobBaer

Postby joepal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:44 am

mr_tawan wrote:And then it works! :D :D Well I don't know why (classics, isn't it?).

Oooh... I want to kiss you :-)

I think this merits a modification of the current plan: we should make a build with this change and see if it solves the problem for most of the people who were previously unable to start MH.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:52 am

Pushed in https://github.com/makehumancommunity/m ... 4374a175e1

As I don't have any computer with an AMD card, it is very difficult for me to check whether this actually did anything.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby mr_tawan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:16 pm

I'm glad that I can be some help :).

RobBaer wrote:As an additional testing comment, after getting the human back, I tried Rendering;\ | Scene and cold lights or Render | Scene warm lights .
They seemed to work when the human had the default "generic skin", but they produce an error if a regular skin texture is applied first, so I'm not sure what the status is with respect to any shader activity following the "commenting out." This maneuver effectively makes the human "disappear again" and get replaced by a white panel. The only way to get the human back is to restart.

BTW, the splash screen is missing the "image" when running on macOSX from source.

For this one, I couldn't reproduce on my machine. I think it's maybe a MacOS-specific, which I don't have any access to, so I couldn't help.
mr_tawan

Postby RobBaer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:06 am

mr_tawan wrote:I'm glad that I can be some help :).

RobBaer wrote:Additional testing MacOSX Mojave: Rendering; | Scene and cold lights produces an error if a regular skin texture is applied first, ... human ... gets replaced by a white panel. The only way to get the human back is to restart.

For this one, I couldn't reproduce on my machine. I think it's maybe a MacOS-specific, which I don't have any access to, so I couldn't help.

Again, helpful to get some feedback. Thanks.
RobBaer

Postby needlessOne » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:41 am

Can confirm the fix works for me too. (Win10, RX560)
needlessOne

Postby joepal » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Good, good... So far I haven't got a single credible report that it fails to start. Looking fine for alpha 3.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby trugoythedove » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Looks like the nightly build at http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/nightly/ fixes this, at least it did for me :)
trugoythedove

Postby sportegioco » Sun May 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Hi,
on linux makehuman it doesn't work, you don't see the central window ... or rather you only see a moment when you close the program but you don't see it while working on it

I followed this post and did exactly the opposite of what was reported, that is, I uncommented:

sudo geany /usr/share/makehuman-community/lib/glmodule.py
line 455, 457, 464 and 466, uncomment:
#glDisable (GL_TEXTURE_2D)
#glDisable (GL_TEXTURE_1D)

sudo geany /usr/share/makehuman-community/lib/shader.py
line 497, uncomment:
#glDisable (GL_TEXTURE_1D)

And everything works beautifully with ubuntu 20.04!
sportegioco

Postby joepal » Mon May 25, 2020 10:07 am

I tested with 20.04 with the code as it looks in the PPA, and it worked for me.

What graphics card are you using?
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests