mesh triangles aren't symmetrical

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

mesh triangles aren't symmetrical

Postby shadowofwind7 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 am

When I exported the base mesh to binary fbx, the vertices and polygons(4 edges) are all symmetrical, but triangles aren't,Is it possible to make triangles symmetrical?Image
shadowofwind7

Re: mesh triangles aren't symmetrical

Postby Aranuvir » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm not a mathematician, so I might be wrong, but at a first glance I'm wondering which kind of symmetry you're talking about? The mesh is axial symmetrical along the x axis. I assume your talking about the reddish parallelogram in the suprapubic area, being dived into two triangles by the center line. (All directions are now as seen from my perspective) You are comparing a triangle from the left side formed by left upper, left center and left lower vertex, with a triangle on the right side formed by the center upper, center lower and right lower vertex. IMHO you should compare the left triangle as is to a right triangle formed by the center upper, center lower and right upper vertex.

BTW, I once wrote a little code that checked symmetry and I can guarantee that all vertices of the base mesh is 100% symmetrical along the x axis. Unfortunately that is not true for all targets, and that is something that will be on our schedule.

Still wondering whether this is a bug, a problem or a feature request??
Aranuvir

Postby shadowofwind7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 am

Aranuvir wrote: You are comparing a triangle from the left side formed by left upper, left center and left lower vertex, with a triangle on the right side formed by the center upper, center lower and right lower vertex. IMHO you should compare the left triangle as is to a right triangle formed by the center upper, center lower and right upper vertex.

Sorry I didn't give all the information,the image is a screenshot from 3ds max,that is when imported into 3ds max,the triangles aren't symmetrical,and when I exported into fbx from 3ds max, the triangles also aren't symmetrical as in 3ds max,I don't know whether this is a problem special to 3ds max.
shadowofwind7

Postby shadowofwind7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:57 am

Finally I managed to rearrange triangles to be symmetrical, thanks.
shadowofwind7

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests