skin not right when export in centimeter

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

skin not right when export in centimeter

Postby shadowofwind7 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:27 am

If export in decimeter all are ok,but when export in centimeter,the rigging looks not right in 3ds max,that is, when i rotate a bone,some parts of the mesh shrink and expand randomly,these two images show the shrinking and expanding when I rotate bone spine5, is this a bug? Iam using makehuman 1.1.1
shadowofwind7

Re: skin not right when export in centimeter

Postby shadowofwind7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 am

I tried many times,decimeter and meter are all ok, only centimeter cause this problem.
shadowofwind7

Postby MargaretToigo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:50 pm

It very well could be a bug of some sort. But there aren't very many folks around here using 3ds Max, which is quite expensive. Most of us are using Blender, which is open source, like MakeHuman.

It's a matter of the developers having access to various programs and platforms for testing.

For instance, MakeHuman isn't well-tested on Macs because the developers don't have a lot of access to Macs -- I have a Mac, but I run MakeHuman on a Windows 10 machine because it seems to work better.
MargaretToigo

Postby shadowofwind7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm

Indeed I have found some 3ds max bugs in importing and exporting fbx. Makehuman works fine with blender and maya,so i will try to avoid 3ds max.By the way,the more I work with makehuman,the more I appreciate for those makehuman provided all for free,hope I can do my bit some day.
shadowofwind7

Postby RobBaer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 am

shadowofwind7 wrote:I tried many times,decimeter and meter are all ok, only centimeter cause this problem.

Some time back I spent some time testing Max importing, but I'm partly hampered by own lack of knowledge of max. My memory is that max likes inches natively, (did you try inches?), but that there was a complex fbx importer that had many choices you could make to units etc. during import.

If my memory is right, you might check that choices are the same when you import cm (which is the default Maya inits) and might cause other "maya-compatable" choices to get selected? This area needs way more exploration, and anything you learn can be valuable. Please share back. Even more reports of negative experiences can help in this under-explored universe. Sorry for the weak response :?

CallHarvey3D who sometimes graces this forum uses Max to do poses. Perhaps he'll notice and have insights.
RobBaer

Postby RobBaer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:52 pm

shadowofwind7 wrote:If export in decimeter all are ok,but when export in centimeter,the rigging looks not right in 3ds max,that is, when i rotate a bone,some parts of the mesh shrink and expand randomly,these two images show the shrinking and expanding when I rotate bone spine5, is this a bug? Iam using makehuman 1.1.1

Also, could you confirm whether this behavior occurs with the default rig or were you using one of the other rigs? Does it happen with all rigs or some subset of the rigs?

Edit:
And one more, were you exporting with binary or ascii FBX?:
RobBaer

Postby EvaMKsix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:10 pm

I am having a similar issue right now, when it is on decimeters everything is fine, as soon as I convert it all in centimeters, it looks so freaking bad! How did you fix that guys?! I am really annoyed by this bug, it just bothers me so much that I do not even want to watch the freaking screen. To be honest, I had no idea about how many decimeters are in one centimeter before I started doing this. I actually had to use the converters from https://www.rocknets.com/converter/leng ... -converter so I could actually understand the difference.
EvaMKsix

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests