Change age of makehuman character inside blender?

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Change age of makehuman character inside blender?

Postby porky11 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:04 pm

I want to be able to change the age of a model in blender, I created with makehuman, without needing multiple objects for every age. The reason is, that I can do modifications in blender, that cannot be done in makehuman, like hair or shaders, and still be able to change the age.
The simple idea would be just to apply the body mesh of the older model to the body mesh of the younger model. The problem is, that the skeleton doesn't transform with the mesh now.
I also tried to use the community plugin of makehuman, but synchronizing the mesh does not work, then blender just seems to stop (maybe I just have to wait longer). But the other problem is, when synchronizing poses, the bones don't get stretched, but just moved, so locked bones are not at the same position anymore (and when disabling this, the size doesn't change).
Is there some better way to enable changing age inside blender?
porky11

Re: Change age of makehuman character inside blender?

Postby jujube » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Method 1: use the export targets as new target feature from the python3 branch of makehuman to make your humans into targets, and apply them in MakeTarget. Then, possibly, find the addon that exists somewhere that lets you import mhskel files into makehuman so you can apply a rig to the maketarget human and pose it. Not sure if it would work though.

Method 2: Use the "join as shapes" feature. Con: you would still have to export all your models. Pro: once you do, and finish joining as shapes, it should be easy to morph from one character to another.
How to use join as shapes: https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... nd-used-as
jujube

Re: Change age of makehuman character inside blender?

Postby porky11 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Getting a new shapekey for my human mesh is not the problem.
The problem is, that, when I change the shape of the mesh, the skeleton is not changed, and so the mesh behaves weird when posing.
porky11

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests