Mesh points

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Mesh points

Postby jwilwade » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:26 pm

It appears that the points are not welded or connected. I mean if I bring a mesh into say C4D and try to move the points around to improve the shape they separate. I am not sure if that is a bug or the program is that way but it of course should not be that way because that would mean a lot of work every time you try to use a model made in the Make Human program. That would mean every point intersection would have to be welded or joined or stiched and sewed as they do in C4d. that would be a nightmare. So I need to know is this caused by exporting groups when exporting? Because even groups should export as a welded body with their individual parts named as they are in Make Human.
jwilwade

Re: Mesh points

Postby mflerackers » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Vertices are shared between faces so there shouldn't be any tears, it's a closed mesh. It's possible that Cinema4D erroneously imports each group as a separate object, if this is so you need to uncheck [group] before exporting.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Re: Mesh points

Postby jwilwade » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:57 pm

OK Thanks I will try Modo and see if the same thing happens and or import into C4D using the Riptide Pro Plugin and see if that fixes the problem.
jwilwade

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests