Program not working

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Program not working

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:38 pm

OK it renders kinda of I mean I can render but have no control as to the size of the render it comes out very shiny. The real problem for me is I want to export the model out so it can be used in Maya or C$D or 3ds or any 3d program accepting OBJ or Dae files. This program as far as I can tell will not export the model. It just says loading data and never does and then color zero not found or not a clickable area or etc... I mean if you can not export the model what is the point of the program?
jwilwade

Postby mflerackers » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Did you look in "My Documents"/makehuman/exports ?
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby jcapco » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:04 pm

we need more information to be able to assist:

1. Describe thoroughly how you attempt to export the human model?
2. Tell us exactly how you verified that makehuman did not export

The program exports but it doesnt pop up a fancy window telling you it has exported. Its very hard to know if it has exported, unless you check your export folder (specific for each operating system, in your case it seems to be windows.. so its in the makehuman/export folder of your "My Documents").
jcapco

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Re-installed the program after installing Agius and it will render though it gives me no control over the render. However the real problem for me as I have said is that the program will not export a obj file to be used in other applications. If it does not export the obj object then what is the point of the program?
jwilwade

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I checked the MODEL FOLDER and the EXPORT FOLDER in C\procramsx86\Makehuman and there is never anything there after I try to export a obj file. No information exist. It is not exporting anything. It goes through the motion like it says loading data etc.... but never does anything else. And when you check the files were the model is supposed to be it is empty contains nothing.
jwilwade

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 pm

I checked the MODEL FOLDER and the EXPORT FOLDER in C\procramsx86\Makehuman and there is never anything there after I try to export a obj file. No information exist. It is not exporting anything. It goes through the motion like it says loading data etc.... but never does anything else. And when you check the files were the model is supposed to be it is empty contains nothing.
jwilwade

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

There is no EXPORT FOLDER OR SAVE FOLDER in the My\documents \makehuman only a render folder. However I did add a save folder and a export folder to the documents\makehuman and tried to export again still no results.
jwilwade

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

I do not know what more I can tell you . I added the folders to the following path: C:\Users\Wade\Documents\Makehuman\ Added because they were not there : Exports and Save the only file the Program installed was Rederman. Now I have tried once again and no export of anything ever. Now the program when I installed it chose to install to the exact drive location for documents that I have described here but it did not add a folder called exports or export or save only Renderman. Now there is a file called export and save in the location of the programs installation C;\Programsx86\MakeHuman but there is nothing there either.
So all I get is a screen telling me my export options( OBJ GROUP DAE etc.. then if I chose OBJ separately or with the group option I get the same results. It goes through the motion saying in the print screen LOADING DATA etc..... then nothing and nothing in the files either.
jwilwade

Postby jwilwade » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I am attaching a snag screen capture img. I hope this helps.
Attachments
SNAG_Program-0000.png
Maybe this will help you to see what is going on because I am ready to just give up on this program if it can not export.
jwilwade

Postby mflerackers » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:24 am

Maybe you can try if the most recent nightly build works better for you http://download.tuxfamily.org/makehuman/nightly/.
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests