Can't register mhx importer into blender

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Can't register mhx importer into blender

Postby mkeyl » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Hi all,

with blender 31508 and MH 1295 I can not register the import_scene_mhx module. All I get is the following error message:

Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):                       
  File "/home/local/src/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/ui/space_userpref.py", line 1077, in execute mod.register()
  File "/home/local/src/install/linux2/2.53/scripts/addons/import_scene_mhx.py", line 2508, in register bpy.types.register(IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx)                                                       
AttributeError: bpy.types.register(...): already registered as a subclass.                             
bpy.utils._register_module(): Module 'import_scene_mhx' failed to register class 'import_scene_mhx.IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx'

Any idea idea what went wrong?
mkeyl

Re: Can't register mhx importer into blender

Postby ThomasL » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 am

ThomasL

Re: Can't register mhx importer into blender

Postby mkeyl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Well, the submit text in svn indicates that r1295 of makehuman should work with r31508 of blender. Fortunately I have solved my problem by slightly modifying the register/unregister function in import_scene_mhx.py. Here is the diff

Code: Select all
2508c2508
<       bpy.types.register(IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx)
---
>       #bpy.types.register(IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx)
2515c2515
<       bpy.types.unregister(IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx)
---
>       #bpy.types.unregister(IMPORT_OT_makehuman_mhx)
mkeyl

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests