Nightly builds for Windows not updated

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Nightly builds for Windows not updated

Postby tarabaz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 pm

was the ascottk proy mesh included in the last working windows nightly build? if yes, can someone please upload a copy from this build?
tarabaz

Postby joepal » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:28 pm

The nightly build is at least theoretically up again. It needs testing though.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby tarabaz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

works fine on my winxp machine, many thanks for bringing this service up again :)
tarabaz

Postby aljo » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:28 am

After copying the PythonModules folder from the alpha build to the nightly build makehuman ran successfully on my Win7x64 machine.
Just thought I'd let ya know.

Other odds and ends:

Copied the new import_scene_mhx.py to the \.blender\scripts\addons folder.
When trying to import a mhx using the Gobo foot rig option I get the following error and the import does not finish successfully.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~3\.blender\scripts\addons\import_scene_mhx.py", line 2183, in execute self.properties.fingerRig))
File "F:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~3\.blender\scripts\addons\import_scene_mhx.py", line 296, in readMhxFile parse(tokens)
File "F:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~3\.blender\scripts\addons\import_scene_mhx.py", line 362, in parse parse(sub)
File "F:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~3\.blender\scripts\addons\import_scene_mhx.py", line 415, in parse parseProcess(val, sub)
File "F:\PROGRA~1\BLENDE~3\.blender\scripts\addons\import_scene_mhx.py", line 1812, in parseProcess eb = ebones[val[0]]
KeyError: 'bpy_prop_collection[key]: key "FootRevIK_L" not found'

Also:
After successfull import several of the bones have locks on the scale and location. This prohibits resizing the armature without hunting down all the bones with locks and unlocking them. And even after finding the bones with the locks, some of them have been set to be unselectable. So those bones have to be hunted down in the outliner.

As a general rule Blender uses a scale of one blender unit equals one meter (making the average makehuman character 17 meters tall.) If the makehuman characters are going to be used in an existing scene they need to be able to be resized.

Anyway, just some ramblings from me.
Cool program your creating here.
Best of luck with it.

aljo
aljo

Postby ThomasL » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Evidently I haven't checked the Gobo foot for some time, and I had managed to break it. The most glaring faults should be fixed now, but it does not really behave. I have to check how it is supposed to work.

As for scales, I don't think it is generally true that 1 Blender Unit = 1 meter. Anyway, it is not a good idea to change scales by hand. Not only the mesh, shapekeys and armature have to be changed, but also drivers, action and limit location constraints, etc. But not all; only when the driving or the driven channel is a location. I have committed a version which lets you set the scale on import. Hopefully I have remembered to adjust everything for different scales.
ThomasL

Postby pistacja » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:10 am

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Downloaded, unziped to new dir, ran makehuman.exe. All I get is a blank "command prompt" window and the program won't start. All the log files are empty except "python_err.txt":
Code: Select all
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "main.py", line 57, in <module>
    import os
ImportError: No module named os

Closing the window doesn't stop the program, in the task manager I still see a process named makehuman.exe with 4 136K memory usage.
I'm using Windows XP sp3, GF6200, I didn't uninstall alpha 5, and I have also python 2.6.4 installed (don't know if it's relevant), never tried nightly builds before.
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby Manuel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:42 am

n-builds doesn't include the pythonmodules folder (because it's not in svn).
So you can fix the problem in 2 ways:

1) Copy the folder "pythonmodules" from alpha5 folder to the nbuild folder
2) Install python 2.6

Probably (1) is better, so you don't have to install the full python distro.

Best,

Manuel
Manuel

Postby pistacja » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks, did (1) and now it works.
This post was made thanks to Me, Myself and I.
pistacja

Postby joepal » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 pm

I've copied the pythonmodules directory to the nightly build directory now, so it should end up in subsequent builds.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby Manuel » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:54 pm

joepal wrote:I've copied the pythonmodules directory to the nightly build directory now, so it should end up in subsequent builds.

Thx :-)
Manuel

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests