Nightly builds for Windows not updated

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Nightly builds for Windows not updated

Postby ThomasL » Sun May 30, 2010 7:45 am

I just downloaded the current nightly build for Win 32 bit. It gives me a blue screen of death. The python files are quite old, despite having modification date 2010.05.29 16:20. I also installed the deb package for Ubuntu 64 bit. It is up-to-date.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP 1 32 bit. Acer Aspire M5201. AMD Phenom 9550 quad core 2.20 GHz. 4.0 Gb ram.
ThomasL

Re: Nightly builds for Windows not updated

Postby joepal » Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Hm, I actually tested that file when updating the build script for glew and it worked for me.

I'll take another look at it.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby joepal » Sun May 30, 2010 7:17 pm

It seems SVN wasn't updating. Unfortunately, now that it does, I'm not able to compile anymore.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corporation

C:\Documents and Settings\joepal>cd \mh-build

C:\mh-build>test.bat

C:\mh-build>cd c:\mh-build\makehuman

C:\mh-build\makehuman>c:\mingw\bin\gcc -g -Wall -o makehuman ./src/main.c ./src/
glmodule.c ./src/core.c ./include/core.h ./include/glmodule.h -Ic:/Python26/incl
ude -Ic:/MinGW/include/SDL -Ic:/MingW/include/GL -I./include -Lc:/Python26/libs
-lpython26 -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -mconsole -lglu32 -lglew32 -lopengl32 -lgdi
32 -lmsvcrt -lwinmm
In file included from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL_stdinc.h:30,
                 from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL_main.h:26,
                 from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL.h:30,
                 from ./src/main.c:42:
c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL_config.h:131:1: warning: "HAVE_SNPRINTF" redefined
In file included from c:/Python26/include/Python.h:120,
                 from ./src/main.c:39:
c:/Python26/include/pyerrors.h:315:1: warning: this is the location of the previ
ous definition
                 from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL_main.h:26,
                 from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL.h:30,
                 from ./include/glmodule.h:37,
                 from ./src/glmodule.c:40:
                 from ./src/glmodule.c:36:
c:/Python26/include/pyerrors.h:315:1: warning: this is the location of the previ
ous definition
                 from c:/MinGW/include/SDL/SDL_thread.h:32,
                 from ./src/core.c:44:
                 from ./src/core.c:35:
ous definition
C:\DOCUME~1\joepal\LOKALA~1\Temp/cclyTZ15.o: In function `mhCreateVertexShader':

C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:674: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
CreateShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:676: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
ShaderSource'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:678: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
CompileShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:679: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:684: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:692: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderInfoLog'
C:\DOCUME~1\joepal\LOKALA~1\Temp/cclyTZ15.o: In function `mhCreateFragmentShader
':
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:710: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
CreateShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:712: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
ShaderSource'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:714: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
CompileShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:715: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:720: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:728: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetShaderInfoLog'
C:\DOCUME~1\joepal\LOKALA~1\Temp/cclyTZ15.o: In function `mhCreateShader':
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:746: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
CreateProgram'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:748: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
AttachShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:749: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
AttachShader'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:751: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
LinkProgram'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:752: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetProgramiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:757: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetProgramiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:765: undefined reference to `_imp____glew
GetProgramInfoLog'
C:\DOCUME~1\joepal\LOKALA~1\Temp/cclyTZ15.o: In function `OnInit':
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1320: undefined reference to `_imp____GLE
W_VERSION_2_0'
C:\DOCUME~1\joepal\LOKALA~1\Temp/cclyTZ15.o: In function `mhDrawMeshes':
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1600: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUseProgram'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1610: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wGetProgramiv'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1620: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wGetActiveUniform'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1630: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform1f'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1637: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform2f'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1644: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform3f'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1652: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform4f'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1658: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wActiveTexture'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1660: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform1i'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1665: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wActiveTexture'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1667: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUniform1i'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1682: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wUseProgram'
C:/mh-build/makehuman/./src/glmodule.c:1683: undefined reference to `_imp____gle
wActiveTexture'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
C:\mh-build\makehuman>
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby mflerackers » Mon May 31, 2010 12:53 am

try -lglew32 -lglew32s
MakeHuman project Developer
mflerackers

Postby joepal » Mon May 31, 2010 6:34 am

Tried now. As far as I can see the error message is still exactly the same as above (I already had "-lglew32").
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
joepal

Postby ThomasL » Mon May 31, 2010 7:25 am

The problem for me is that the library files in the GLEW distribution are glew32.lib and glew32s.lib, but mingw expects libglew32.a or libglew32s.a. So now one either has to find .a files, or somehow make mingw understand .lib files. Or use the info in glew32.dll, which also contains at least the first missing symbol.
ThomasL

Postby mflerackers » Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 am

Do you have both the lib and dll in the libs folder, like the problem here: http://old.nabble.com/glew---mingw-Link ... 66964.html ?
mflerackers

Postby ThomasL » Mon May 31, 2010 7:41 am

Google suggested the following recipe:

- download glew sources
- change makefile GLEW_DEST ?= c:/mingw/
- start msys
- make

This creates glew32.dll, libglew32.a and libglew32.dll.a in the lib folder. Copy these to mingw and things should go through. At least they did for me.
ThomasL

Postby jcapco » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:03 am

Why is Marc making our life difficult with GLEW? Worst comes to worst I can run an automated script in my PC that can then compile the whole thing in Visual 6.0 and then upload in tuxfamily.. and worst come to worst comes to worst you can download Visual Express and compile it

There is another super-easy way to solve all your windows problem.. I havent compiled the C source since ages.. I keep updating the python and I dont have problems running makehuman. You can use the C files from the last revision of Marc without GLEW :P and still keep distributing the nightly builds (I personally dont want to recompile the C files after hearing these horror stories :P). You still get all the new features and functionality of mh like I do. Being lazy pays :D

To be honest, the C files are things I hardly care and I dont want to touch them or renew them too much. I even added some Win98 functionality to them without telling the team and use that version instead of the original in the svn. For nightly builds old C files would suffice :P
jcapco

Postby mflerackers » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:27 am

Actually I was more for glee than glew, but glee is not so uptodate. glee wouldn't add any lib or dll dependencies :P.
mflerackers

Next

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests