Is the problem makehuman or blender, help me decide.

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Is the problem makehuman or blender, help me decide.

Postby prov » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:00 pm

I am using Blender 2.49b built on the 2010-01-21 running on ubuntu 10.04alpha3. I used makehuman (version 925 nightly) to create a mesh to import into blender. I am currently unable to get the imported meshes to work in the viewport or in a render. I can import any other .obj from another website like http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/obj/obj.html and blender does just fine but not with a .obj from makehuman.

For clarification, I can apply materials and textures to an object imported from makehuman but it will not show the applied material in the viewport nor will it show the material or texture in a render. With or without texture it will not work. I can change the color of another object in the viewport but not that of the makehuman mesh, it just stays default grey in viewport and render.

Is there something wrong with the .obj generated by makehuman? If anyone is willing please follow the link to the site given above and download an example .obj, it should work. Now try something from makehuman, if it works for you then tell me what you think is wrong on my end. I want to know if this error can be reproduced. I do not believe it is with blender for it does just fine with other .obj files.

I do not know for a fact it is not blender (it could be) but I have to start somewhere (coin flip on blender or makehuman forums) and if you think it is blender then I will take my questions to the appropriate forum there.

Thank you for any help.
prov

Re: Is the problem makehuman or blender, help me decide.

Postby prov » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Oddly enough it works now. If it gives me anymore problems I will resurrect the matter.

Sorry about this
prov

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests