For Thomas Larsson: gobo mesh does not render

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

For Thomas Larsson: gobo mesh does not render

Postby m.e » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm

When I import the 'gobo' mesh into blender and do a render, the mesh is invisible.

This using MH svn revision 827 and Blender 2.52 (sub 0) Build, build date: "2010-03-09", build time: "16:58:31", build revision: "", build platform: "linux2", build type: "dynamic". I have no idea what the problem is, maybe a lighting or layer thing.
m.e

Re: For Thomas Larsson: gobo mesh does not render

Postby ThomasL » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

This seems to be a new Blender bug. The call to bpy.data.add_image(filename) false, although the filename points to a valid image file. I have not noticed this bug under Linux, so it is probably only in the Windows version. I made a bug report to Blender, but am not sure that it registered.

As a workaround, select the SSS_skinshader material and load the relevant images into the diffuse, specular and alpha textures.

However, I did find one MH bug: the 2.5 mhx files refer to png versions of the textures, to avoid the tif bug on Linux. This will be fixed now.

Update: The python call had been changed: bpy.data.add_image(filename) => bpy.data.images.load(filename). It should work now.
ThomasL

Postby m.e » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:14 pm

I have svn updated, re-exported my model, and loaded again into blender using the new state of the import script. Still no visible lady, and lots of messages (this is all on Fedora 12 not MS Windows by the way):
Code: Select all
Loading  /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture.png  =  texture.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture.png
Loading  /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_opacity.png  =  texture_opacity.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture_opacity.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture_opacity.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_opacity.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_opacity.png
Loading  /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_ref.png  =  texture_ref.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture_ref.png
No file /home/martin/makehuman/exports/texture_ref.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_ref.png
No file /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/texture_ref.png

If I check the directory, I get:
~/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman> ls /home/martin/mh/makehuman-read-only/makehuman/data/textures/
bump5.png              texture2.png     texture_opacity.tif  texture.tif
color_temperature.png  texture_mix.tif  texture_ref.tif

I have manually loaded the textures, and the lady is now visible, but she still has no hair.

By the way, when I run MH I get an error (it does not seem to stop it working though):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./mh_core/module3d.py", line 1411, in mouseButtonUp
    self.application.mouseUp(button, x, y)
  File "./mh_core/gui3d.py", line 476, in mouseUp
    self.mouseDownObject.callEvent('onClicked', event)
  File "./mh_core/events3d.py", line 93, in callEvent
    getattr(self, eventType)(event)
  File "./mh_core/gui3d.py", line 951, in onClicked
    self.onFileSelected(self.files[self.selectedFile])
  File "./mh_plugins/guifiles.py", line 125, in onFileSelected
    self.parent.tasksByName['Save'].fileentry.textObject.setText(filename.replace('.mhm', ''))
AttributeError: FileEntryView instance has no attribute 'textObject'
('setFocus', <gui3d.ToggleButton instance at 0x9f3548c>)

Also, I do not understand the rig at all; is it documented anywhere? (I want to attach some clothes so that they are deformed by the rig as well, but I am not sure how to set up the bone heat treatment) ...ok, there is a link in your post to http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=172128, but that just has 10 or so Youtube videos (which I cannot access, being in China at the moment) which I think are about how to make rigs; I just want to make use of the rig without learning all the details.
m.e

Postby ThomasL » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Martin
I haven't found anything written about the rig, but the first video in the series gives an overview over how to use it. The leg rig that is. That's pretty much it, and it is unfortunate that you cannot access youtube. When the rig becomes stable I will write something about it, but I am not really in documentation mode right now.

One reason that the rig is confusing is that I introduced a number of bugs, mainly affecting the fingers, when I enabled FK/IK choice; dynamic FK/IK switching does not work yet under Blender 2.5. Most of these bugs have hopefully been crushed in the version currently in svn (i.e. in tomorrow's nightly build).
ThomasL

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests