Proxies missing after "download_assets.py"

Tech support and suggestions forum. If you only have a basic question on how to get started, please use the "newbies" forum in the community section.

Moderator: joepal

Re: Proxies missing after "download_assets.py"

Postby joepal » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 am

My stance has been to be as neutral as possible. Metaphorically there is a hammer. I provide forums for discussing said hammer. It's up to people to decide what they want to use the hammer for. If people find lewd uses for said hammer, it's their problem.

For practical reasons it might make sense to not provide detailed genitalia in the core distribution. But I personally have no problem whatsoever with such being available elsewhere, for example in the user contrib repos.

If someone finds a feature/asset/thingy useful, chances are there are other people around who would also find it useful. So by all means, go ahead and share it.
Joel Palmius (LinkedIn)
MakeHuman Infrastructure Manager
http://www.palmius.com/joel
joepal

Postby wolgade » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:17 pm

After considering the pros and cons, I decided to upload the missing proxies and some skins to the user repo. Unfortunately there's a problem with the female proxy. The genital geometry is mapped to the default uvs instead of the genital graphics. I have no idea when and why this happened. I decided to share it anyway, because it's probably easier to fix the uv layout than to model a new proxy. If you have a female proxy without this problem, let me know.

Two things left: The user repo calls me the author of the proxies, because I uploaded them. I included Manuel's name in the title to make clear who created them. Secondly, should Manuel ask for a removal of his work, it will be removed immediatly. I don't like censorship, but I will always respect artists.
wolgade

Postby real_eyes » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi,
i have found these following files from a nightly deb file, they were last modified 15th December 2014

adult_female_genitalia.mhpxy
adult_female_genitalia.thumb

adult_male_genitalia.mhpxy
adult_male_genitalia.npz
adult_male_genitalia.thumb

the female proxy seems to map corectly to the genital uv map which i downloaded from the uploads by wolgade
i haven't tested the male proxy yet
i cannot find any .obj or .proxy files, these are MH binary files.

Should i upload these to the User contributed assets section?
real_eyes

Postby learning » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:51 pm

real_eyes wrote:Hi,
i have found these following files from a nightly deb file, they were last modified 15th December 2014

adult_female_genitalia.thumb

adult_male_genitalia.mhpxy
adult_male_genitalia.npz
adult_male_genitalia.thumb

the female proxy seems to map corectly to the genital uv map which i downloaded from the uploads by wolgade
i haven't tested the male proxy yet
i cannot find any .obj or .proxy files, these are MH binary files.

Should i upload these to the User contributed assets section?

That wouldn't be of much use unless you know the secret of converting .npz and .mhpxy to .obj and .proxy files. Cf. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12647
learning

Postby wolgade » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Some nice guy sent me a copy of an older female proxy with correct uv mapping. I finally found the time to upload it to the user repo.
wolgade

Previous

Return to Bugs, problems and feature requests